PDA

View Full Version : Where can I find these Forged Items?

Dionysis24bt
06-03-2004, 05:36 PM
Ok, I was wondering where I can find forged rods and pistons for my A20A3. I plan on going either TURBO or NA really soon since I have another car and my 88 LX-i is down right know. If there are any Rods and pistons from other Honda/Acura cars that will fit my A20A3 block please let me know. Also, if I decide to go with the NA route. Could I bore my block out to an 2.2L and use the infamous H22A pistons with 10.6/1 ratio, that was just something that I was curious about. If not where can I have custom 11.0/1 ratio :help: forged pistons made for my A20A3? Thanks for all of your help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

k-roy
06-03-2004, 06:05 PM
You allready have forged pistons, and you are allready N/A.

You would have to bore out you cylinders from 82.7 to 87MM to be able to fit H22 pistons, if thats even possible. I doubt it since the H22 has a higher deckheight meaning the piston would be to tall. Possibly with B16 rods, ah hell forget what I just said.

If you search you will find that you can use Diamond pistons and Eagle Rods.

Dionysis24bt
06-04-2004, 05:59 AM
I'm sorry, it was 2:00 am when i was typing this up. I meant to say a NA build up or going TURBO. So the H22 pistons are a definite NOOOOOOOOO. I will put my own TURBO kit together if I decide to go that way. I was just wondering if I could use rods and pistons from another Honda/Acura instead of having to get them custom made. This is just to serve as a convenience issue.