PDA

View Full Version : non believers "PLEASE FEEL FREE TO EXPRESS!!"

wickedaccord
07-18-2002, 08:56 AM
for those who dont believe in motor swaps to go faster, good luck trying to make the a20 any faster. so far ever since ive started lookin in this forum 3 years ago, i have not seen a faster time slip (all motor) of 15.5 there have been claims that a few have done 15.1 or watever it may be. but i never seen anyone claiming 14.7 my opinion is, yes 15.1 is fast, but to think of all the mods u have to do with the block and milling the head and bullet proofing ur head like crazy. that's too extreme. thing is? will the head survive that kind of abuse? anyone done a 3 or 5 angle valve job on the head with port matched exhaust and intake side?? no ones really done it and proven time slips or dyno runs except for that one i think it was 140 horsepowerd coupe "TUNED" honest to truth, doing all the head work and block work will add more than a motor swaps. those who live in so cal and look at RECYCLER.COM should know that u can get a complete B16a for no more than 1400. if ur lucky, ive had friends who bought b16's for 900 complete. by the way, all of u looking for items should look into RECYCLER.COM although it is in so cal only, there r many things u can have shipped out to u. so point is, ur gonna only make the A20 go oh so fast. ofcourse until someone proves me wrong with a time slip of 13.8 all motor on STREET TIRES becuz that's wat i will be doing with my GSR. will post up pics of my GSR set up very soon. :werd:

PEACE!!

88turboaccord
07-18-2002, 09:45 AM
How come you are not running a 10.5 like the fastest all motor car? I would say you are wrong on the time slips. You can make a 2.0 L a20a3 or carbed motor pretty quick (B20 included.) There is a prelude with an a series motor running an 11.3. The a series motors can be fast, the problem, it is not like a b18 or b16 motor where there is a lot of backing.. The reason for this is simple, the motor is older than most companies out there that make stuff for motors. (If you look at crower, they have rods and a cam for out car, but they have been around.) I bet you if the A series motor had the same R&D and the "civic" motors, you would be proven wrong.

wickedaccord
07-18-2002, 05:19 PM
not to be a dick, but i said an A20 "ALL MOTOR" any car can go fast with turbo NOS. as for me doing 10's, that's not my goal to begin with. i said 13.8 if u didnt see it. ive seen HYUNDAI elantra's do 10's fully built. all im saying is, there has been no one with balls to prove that an A20 ALL MOTOR can do atleast 13.8 on the 1320. as for those who want to turbo their A20.. since ive been here, quite a few ppl have talked about forced induction in their A20 BUT has never done it. (except for justin that is) ive seen ppl who want this and that or wanna do this. but honestly, if ur not gonna spend the money and do it right, y bother fixing ur car? im not trying to hate, but fixing cars cost money. so the point is again, NO ONE HAS DONE IT! u say a prelude a20 ran 11's. VERY IMPRESSIVE, but dont tell me he didnt have a turbo nos. oh and hey justin, i also wanna see ur car run 26psi!! (wooooo that's high) and i wanna see if that thing will detonate or not. me saying this means U R GONNA HAVE TO BUILD THAT BLOCK AND HEAD COMPLETELY to be safe. and justin, i would like to see ur time at the track also.

PEACE!!!

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›
07-18-2002, 05:38 PM
WHY ARE U SHITTING ON THE A20?? KILLS ME!!! I THOUGHT THIS BOARD WAS FOR ACCORD ENTHUSIASTS, NOT ACCORD SHITTERS!! I ALWAYS THOUGHT THAT IF U DISLIKED SOMETHING U IGNORE IT, NOT THINK ABOUT IT AND TALK ABOUT IT EVERY TIME U CAN!! PERSONALLY I DON'T KNOW JUSTIN, BUT I AM AMAZED WITH HIS CAR AND EVERY OTHER 3GEEZER ON THIS BOARD..WHAT PPL DO TO MAINTAIN THESE CLASSICS GOING IS WONDERFUL..U STATED THAT U ARE NOT HATING, BUT UR WHOLE POST IS NEGATIVE...DUDE GET A LIFE...

AccordSi
07-18-2002, 06:25 PM
I think ou'e being to hard on the members of this forum. Like Justin implied most of us love our cars (A20A & B20A) and have all faith in their performance, we just don't have a lot of aftermarket support. What? do you think the newer honda's would be where they are now if they didn't have all that support...c'mon man. You'd never be able to run 14 flat with your GSR if their were no aftermarket parts for your ride. Whether it's done by forced induction, nitrous or all motor, performance is performance...who can afford to will achieve it some day....and be certain that there'll always be someone faster.
I really do admire your conviction though....and I love the challenge. I AM going to run 14.9 one day, with my engine. My heart is there and I know I'm getting closer because of the type of vehicles I can beat right now. I really wish I had a dyno to use....but no sweat the day I do run it I'm posting a time slip on the board for my real 3geez family to see. Peace.

88turboaccord
07-18-2002, 07:52 PM
There is a N/A integra doing 10.5's in the 1320. The prelude that ran an ll.3 ran a NOS system, but also ran a dual webber set-up.

As for me, what is the point of running 26psi? The max flow on my turbo is 23psi. As for detonation problems, that is what my HALTECH is for....

wickedaccord
07-19-2002, 01:53 PM
im not hating.. my point in this thread is basically saying that the A20 will only go so fast all motor. and till ONE day someone actually has the balls to do it and go all motor 14.4 atleast. i bow down. hell my A20 is partially built right now, cuz as u said it, i had faith in my A20. hell i went as far as a cam shaft in it and it worked damn good for me. spooled a lot faster and surprised the hell out of many cars. but then again, i realized im only gonna go so fast in this 12 valve sohc. one of u pointed out that if the GSER had the same aftermarket treatment as the A20 it wont be as fast. hell ive seen many and i mean MANY GSR with i/h/e do 15.1 average on street tires. i am not putting down the accord at all.. otherwise i wouldnt be building it. one of the best reason y im building it after all is becuz when my motor is done and where i live a lot of V8's like to fool around with lil 4 bangers, i wont have to bow down to them anymore. they can laugh all they want at my lil 89 accord but as soon as green light hits im gone! so u cant necessarily say im hating on accords. all im saying is, till the day someone comes here and post up threads of 14.4 on street tires all motor, damn ill bow down to that. hell even i dont have balls to do it. as for the b20, anyone should know that DOHC is better than SOHC. and i never did say anything about the b20. preferably ofcourse the b20b atleast instead of the b20a. but ive seen friends with b20b's running turbo on it with bottom blocks reworked on running 14.2 with 8 psi. that's damn impressive! but his problem was his pistons were pinging on the valves becuz the rods would stretch an extra half inch. who'd want that as a daily driver u know? but again, 140hp is impressive, TUNED that is too. that's pretty much equivalent to running mid 15's. and hell that's wat im running with my setup now, 15.7. and justin, my point in that is that enable to go fast ur gonna have to run high boost on the motor. and if ur currently running 23psi right now. that's a hell of a lot of boost jus to be where u r. i would like to someday see ur time slips. and it aint like im not giving the guy props. i respect the guy cuz he had balls to do so many custom mods for the turbo. i wouldnt have the balls to do a turbo set up! so it's like this, ALL IM SAYING IS, PROVE TO ME AND NOT JUS ME. A LOT OF 3GEEZ ENTHUSIASTS OUT THERE THAT THIS MOTOR HAS THE POTENTIAL ALL MOTOR OF 14 E.T.'S THAT WAY WE KNOW WAT WE'RE GETTING INTO BUILDING THIS MOTOR (whoever is willing to do it that is) till that day, ill continue on saying that this motor will only go so far.

PEACE!!

wickedaccord
07-19-2002, 01:53 PM
damn, sorry so long

pric
07-19-2002, 03:02 PM
What makes you believe that a DOHC is better than a SOHC or what about a OHV? Let's see Camaro SS OHV 2-valve/cyl 320hp Corvette Z06 OHV 2-valve/cyl 385hp CLK55 AMG SOHC 3-valve/cyl 342hp.

For the A20A in an accord if you gut out the car and build the motor I don't see any problem for the car to be in the low 14's all motor.:p

hondaman87
07-19-2002, 05:04 PM
14s is possible all motor i did 15.3 all motor , and no inner motor work just intake and exhaust system and on street tires, I've seen a brand new civic si w/ the vtech engine doing 16s

DarknessRS
07-20-2002, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by pric
What makes you believe that a DOHC is better than a SOHC or what about a OHV? Let's see Camaro SS OHV 2-valve/cyl 320hp Corvette Z06 OHV 2-valve/cyl 385hp CLK55 AMG SOHC 3-valve/cyl 342hp...

You forgot about the Dodge Viper GTS: OHV 8.0L V10 2-valve/cyl 450hp@5200 rpm and 490 lb-ft torque@3700

wickedaccord
07-20-2002, 02:15 PM
hondaman87, wat exactly did u do to the motor? 15.3 sounds very impressive for the streets. u said u ran 15.3 with jus intake and exhaust. that's 2 basic bolt ons. i have i/h/e/cams/clutch and i do 15.7 how can a guy with jus i/e do 15.3? prove me wrong a time slip becuz if ur ever in southern cal, ORANGE COUNTY city WESTMINISTER. CALL ME OUT. i would LOVE to run u. and did u start gutting out ur car? see i saw a thread there that said gutted out interior. that's like drag status. if ur not reading. im reffering to street trim. all the cars ive talked about r in street trim no gutted no stripping interior. simply becuz u have to agree that if u start gutting and stripping out interior, ull never be running as fast as ur average E.T's. (even though street is diferent from track) point is the times will be totally off. unless ur a hardcore racer an drive around town with a gutted out car stripped. i like to drive with full interior, basically my interior will be redone too. as for comparing a 4 banger with a v8. y would u even compare an engine ith 4 more pistons with this subject? u have no point with that? the point with DOHC and SOHC is u got two cams working the load instead of jus one! how can u ask wat's the difference between sohc and dohc?? for those who actually build motors and have worked on em should know that dohc will always out perform a sohc. obviosly im talking to some ameteurs here if u dont know the difference of sohc and dohc. i dont mean to be rude but that's a silly comment to make and it aint the first ive seen in this forum. ive seen a comment such as "port and polishing cost a lot in grand turismo so i can only imagine in life" that's funny! again as for running 15.3 i'd like to see the set up of the motor and exactly wat did he use for tires. im running 15.7 and can do 15.1 easily with cheaters, possibly 14.8 with sicks. so lets be realistic here, how much faster exactly can this motor go all motor in street trim?? no one has answered me there yet. by the way, ive never really seen a decked out OHV 4 banger either. let's keep it in the 4 cyclinder huh? cuz when u talk about bigger displacements, ur gonna talk about PRO STOCK CLASS.

PEACE!!

bongler420
07-20-2002, 08:34 PM
i think ur an idiot buddy

Jims 86LXI HB
07-20-2002, 10:05 PM
Calling people names like ametuers and idiot won't cut it on this board guys, we won't put up with it. We're all big boys around here and if you don't like what someone says, deal with it like your the mature people I KNOW you are.:rant:

hondaman87
07-21-2002, 07:49 PM
To wickedaccord

yes i gutted the interior of the car but I left the rear fold out seats becuse i didn't want to dismount the amps and i was running W/ 13 inch and street tires and I'm in mass, theres a difference form where you live and trust me even i was suprised of the resolts but i wish I had another run But I couldn't because I broke my clutch and i had to drive home so i didn't wanna risk it

and any time you want i'll go against you on the street , u know why because i don't stop, i'll go until something brakes or some one get hurt

and for your information i know whats the difference between dohc and sohc

wickedaccord
07-22-2002, 01:58 PM
well i gotta admit, where u live honda87 is different from where i am. well i'd love to run u but unfortunately it wont happen. as for u going the distance., u have balls my friend, but too much. i have limits. but my opinion still stands becuz i think it is a good one. like i said, and bottom line is, until i see some damn good results of the 3rd gen accord running low 14's street trim with street tires. im gonna continue relying on motor swaps, hell if it's available, y not? as for the idiot part.. yea grow up!! wat does that have to do with anything?

PEACE!!

A20A1
07-22-2002, 06:57 PM
13's with dual mikuni carbs, 11's with nos.

I still think that most of us haven't really pushed the edge of the a20... since none of us have the $$$ to dig deep into EVERY area of engine, though some of us are real close.

Port polish
Balancing
increase displacement
increase compression
High end air fuel delivery (TWM/or some other custom efi setup, Dual carbs.)
Racing trans
lightened flywheel
racing camshaft
titanium valve springs
valve job
stiffer motor mounts
heavy duty clutch
upgraded ignition components
header and exhaust

tires and suspension.