PDA

View Full Version : the red one or the...

Vanilla Sky
06-05-2004, 03:07 PM
well, the battery in my car is shot... won't take any charge

here's my problem... i want an optima... red top is $110, the yellow top is $160... i'm thinkin the red top... what about you guys?

my86dx4dr
06-05-2004, 04:05 PM
well if you have a big system, go with the yellow, but the red is good for a medium size setup and good for future electric upgrades

crwa
06-09-2004, 05:54 PM
I have the red top, I'd say go with that, it holds the charge well and hasn't given me any problems in the year I've had it...

Nate2310
06-09-2004, 05:55 PM
Yeah I have the red top and i've never had ne problems with it

HondaBoy
06-09-2004, 06:13 PM
the cheaper one is really all you need. its definatly got a bit more juice than a high output wet cell. those dry cells are really good because they dont loose power fast as wet cells can sometimes do because of the hot engine. only thing is dry cell ones are just about as heavy as wet cells, if not the same. so no weight loss. i looked at those at sears when i bought my new battery on memorial day. although i didnt pay for it, so i wasnt able to get the dry cell. too bad. cant complain since i still got my money in my pocket right?

crwa
06-10-2004, 07:05 PM
Just becareful of where you buy it at... I got my red top at Gi Joes for $89 (normally $120) with a coupon, but then I have also seen them at cartoys for $200 and up...

AccordEpicenter
06-10-2004, 09:23 PM
Red tops are high output low reserve time (thats what you want for a main battery) the yellow tops are deep cycle batteries, not designed to be a single main one.

TheMagi
06-13-2004, 08:17 PM
This battery allows room for a custom C.A.I., they also offer a bracket to mount the battery.

Performance Distributors

Lighten up your street car, hot rod or race car! Remove the heavy 40 lb battery and replace it with Performance Distributors 13.5 lb Dyna-Batt. The Dyna Batt produces more power per pound than any battery on the market. It has the cranking power of wet cell batteries three times its size! This is due to the extremely low internal resistance which allows faster, more consistant starting. The Dyna Batt does not have a cold cranking amp rating like other batteries, but has been tested to crank engines with compression ratios as high as 15:1. The reserve capacity of the Dyna Batt is 16 Amp Hours. The Dyna-Batt is completely dry cell and can withstand the rigors of high performance and racing enviornments. It is built with corrosion resistant terminals and is truly maintenance free. The Dyna Batt has an excellent storage life and recharges very quickly. Any 12 volt charger can be used to recharge the Dyna Batt but a low amperage battery charger/maintainer, much like the charger/maintainer we sell listed below, is recommended to avoid overcharging the battery. This battery works great with one of our alternators!

SPECIFICATIONS: Weight = 13.5 lbs, Dimensions: Length = 7", Width = 3" & Height = 6 1/2" ,
Reserve Capacity = 16 Amp hours, Cold Cranking Amps = Not Rated
:deal: