PDA

View Full Version : window mechanism broke into 2 today

mykwikcoupe
06-05-2004, 07:26 PM
so the wifey calls me and says her window made a loud bang and now it wont work. I go out there expecting to see pieces of safety glass all over the place. Inbstead I pull the window out and remove the mechanism with the motor from the door itself to see that where the pivot point in the sections has sheered litterally into 2 parts. No big deal I guess , a trip to honda with 105 cash and it should be back to normal tommorrow. Oh and Ben when are you comming over to see the new house?

shepherd79
06-06-2004, 05:13 AM
why not just go to a junk yard and get one for $20

MrBen
06-06-2004, 12:07 PM
Finding one in a junkyard here would be a miracle.

That sucks... I've gotta see your house sometime. I think I've seen you driving around Marysville... have you seen me?

mykwikcoupe
06-06-2004, 10:51 PM
I thought so a few times. Ill say theres a whole lot more 3geez around here then where I lived before. Look for the wifeys car also. Its the 89 seattle silver metallic on 17 inch momo sports and dropped on eibach prokit so just a 1 inch drop.

Its all back together but I have to take it back apart. Theres a slight tink noice about half way up and down. I think I put the helper spring in backwards.

As far as finding many parts in the junkyards, your better bet is go often. If not they look like a shell of a car and its hard to even tell what they started as. They pick'em clean around here.