PDA

View Full Version : Equalizers?

HondaBoy
06-06-2004, 11:53 AM
i find that with my new amp, my rap music and rock music are different in the tones that are needed to sound right comming from the subs. i already knew about all that. so i think an equalizer would be good. i've looked at ones online and i think JCW has some good ones i would want. they arent too expensive. i've seen 7, 10, and 12 band eq's. are the more bands the better for sound tuning? i'd think thats right, but i dunno. i'm also going to first see if this guy i know still has the system from the car he sold a long time ago. i remember the eq was good because you could fine tune it to what you were listening to. the brands on JCW are legacy and pyramid. i'd probley go with the legacy. anyone got any one of these on JCW? any suggestions on which one is good?
http://www.jcwhitney.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/EndecaCategoryView?catalogId=10101&in_dim_search=1&Ne=100003244&N=111+100003244&tmplframe=EndecaCategoryView&langId=-1&section=body&storeId=10101&tmplhome=StoreCatalogDisplay&ss=10101

Vanilla Sky
06-06-2004, 11:58 AM
i'd go for a better brand IMO

HondaBoy
06-07-2004, 08:13 AM
could you suggest a brand? i'm still looking around, so i'm not completely set on one.

Vinny
06-07-2004, 08:39 AM
I have a REALLY nice clarion 920 pro audio digital eq. I loved it. Of course I took it out when I got my clarion HU that had a hideaway EQ pack that was controlled through the HU. It was 9 band digital that you could change the scale for front and rear, I believe. Now my old one just sits and collects dust.

This is it on top
http://www.photohost.org/gallery/data/500/1861control2.jpg

http://www.photohost.org/gallery/data/500/1861darkcontrol.jpg

HondaBoy
06-08-2004, 08:57 PM
well, i was planning on getting a new HU since i got new speakers and new amp. might as well right, because the cd player dont play burned cd's, thats pretty shitty. i did see there was a graphic eq integrated into some of the new HUs digitally or whatever, no slider switches or nothing. guess that would be better. maybe i'll just look at newer HUs.

DanLXI88
06-09-2004, 07:47 AM
My JVC has a 7 band EQ built in and you can save different levels and change the sound with a press of a button as well as an adjustable Sub out. Can't beat it IMO. Panisonic and Sony have simuler options on some of the higher models as well. Like you I listen to both Rap and rock and it's always been a pain without an EQ.

HondaBoy
06-09-2004, 11:55 AM
which JVC do you have. i might as well take a look. sounds like something i'd like. i should go look at circuit city and best buy at the head units. they usually dont know all the stuff i ask them though, kinda pathetic :lol:

88accordalltheway
06-09-2004, 12:32 PM
if you get a nice enough head unit you should beable to get a good enough sound with the eq on it and not actually have a eq. Try to get a kenwood or pioneer. Those are the best IMO.

DanLXI88
06-09-2004, 02:00 PM
which JVC do you have.
JVC 3150 Arsenal series I have a picture of it at night on my cardomain site it's all silver and lights up nice at night the trim ring glows also.. Check out Crutchfield.com they are way cheaper then BestBuy and they give you all the info your looking for.

HondaBoy
06-09-2004, 02:01 PM
i have an old kenwood right now. never had a problem with it fucking up on me or anything. i'll have to talk to my friend and see which head units he's had because he's had many HUs that have screwed up some how. actually, just yesterday, his cd player quit working. this is probley his 8th or 9th HU. lol.

DanLXI88
06-09-2004, 02:08 PM
if you get a nice enough head unit you should beable to get a good enough sound with the eq on it and not actually have a eq. Try to get a kenwood or pioneer. Those are the best IMO.

The EQ works great on this one. I wasn't really a fan of JVC since the talking head unit in the mid 90's. I have always liked Pioneer and Alpine But this one had the features I wanted at the right price just under $350.00 at the time and I have not had a single problem with it.

DanLXI88
06-09-2004, 02:13 PM
i have an old kenwood right now. never had a problem with it fucking up on me or anything. i'll have to talk to my friend and see which head units he's had because he's had many HUs that have screwed up some how. actually, just yesterday, his cd player quit working. this is probley his 8th or 9th HU. lol.

Not knocking your friend bro but maybe it's not the HU's by 8 or 9 HU's I would begin to wonder. But some cars require a rear support for the HU or it will kind of flop up and down and I have seen this cause a lot of problems in the past.