PDA

View Full Version : stalling

Brentm
06-06-2004, 02:10 PM
first off 86 carb'd accord, new fuel pump, new fuel filters, new dist cap, rotor, ect. Just had the carb tuned up (base tightened, pcv valve replaced) and my car still dies at every stop sign. Ill step on the gas after I have been stopped at the light or intersection, and then the car just instantly dies. Its an automatic and ive tried letting it roll then giving it gas, same thing. Ive searched for ansers to this on the board, (water in dist cap, but I checked and theres none) someone please help, im about ready to give my car up for addoption.

A20A1
06-06-2004, 02:31 PM
Sounds like a vacuum leak since adding throttle would decrease the vacuum even more...

Ignition troubles could be:
- A bad electrical conection, ground, battery, or sparkplug wire contact
- Ignition timing
- Stator Reluctor Gap allignment
- Small wires inside distributor are coroded

Brentm
06-06-2004, 07:21 PM
Think i found the culprit, thers a tube that brings warm air up into the carb, and yea there was some MAJOR holes in that tube, little but of canadian duct tape and my car is good to go (as of now), and hopefully thats what the problem was.

A20A1
06-06-2004, 08:05 PM
that springy fiber tube with a bit of thin rubber wrapped around it in some areas... the hot air hose that really shouldn't cause any problems if it leaks unless you are in a very very cold area.

Brentm
06-06-2004, 11:47 PM
hmm my dad looked at my car and said taht that tube was right disconnected, he connected it and he said the thing drove perfect. I dont know what's wrong with my car, but ill check those things you said if this hose thing doesnt work.

Brentm
06-09-2004, 09:41 AM
If it is a vacuum leak, how do I find the leak?, line #16 was disconnected somewhere so my brothers friend plugged the end of the tube with a screw, and then plugged some random hole near where he thought it connected.

soljaboy2000
06-09-2004, 04:01 PM
hmmmm...I wonder if youre having the same problem I am???....
http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?t=34976

A20A1
06-11-2004, 12:20 PM
#16 goes to the egr valve. you can plug that

Brentm
06-11-2004, 07:32 PM
sorry but a picture would help, when it comes to engines, im pretty dumb.