PDA

View Full Version : clearing turn signals

Mattphi
06-06-2004, 09:13 PM
Ok so today i went out and bought liquid silicone and all to make my clear turn signals (the lights in the bumper) but i took them out and started cutting and i dunno why but the shit doesnt seem to be workin the way i planned. I cut into the reflector and realized that part is raised on the inside...is there any easier way to do this that wont completely fuck my stuff up? my friend said somethin about puttin it in the oven to separate the 2 pieces...help me out. If yall have instructions those would be nice too. Its not that its hard, its just in would like to see how its done before i fuck anything else up

HondaBoy
06-06-2004, 09:43 PM
nah, i'd say dont put it into the oven. what part exactly is raised? when i made my tails clear, i got all the lense off i could without breaking the inside clear patterned piece, then i used some needle nosed pliers to pull the rest of the old lense off. it should be about the same as doing your corner lights.....oh, the reason i say dont put it into the oven is that it is quite possible to warp the light housing and mess things up. dont risk that.

Project-LXi
06-06-2004, 10:15 PM
Do yourself a favor and buy a set from procarparts.com , they are only $30 and will not fade like most homemade ones do.

Mattphi
06-07-2004, 04:41 AM
i didnt know they sold them lol

HostileJava
06-07-2004, 06:47 AM
http://www.procarparts.com/store-detail.asp?sku=HD86AC%2D6006SL2

I've had homemade clears and these, I like the PCP alot better.

HondaBoy
06-07-2004, 07:56 AM
ah, i thought you meant the corner lights. the bumper lights are real easy then.

Mattphi
06-07-2004, 09:04 PM
lol they didnt seem to easy. I dunno why i had such trouble with them. I ended up just filling the part i cut back up with liquid silicone and said fuck it

pixiesfan78
06-08-2004, 09:31 PM
man i hate you guys with your damn 88/89 bumpers matphi your shit looks clean as fuck.i found a 88/89 bumper in white to match my paint and every thing but the car was stacked on top of three others at the j/y the guys there told me if i come back this week they will take it down for me so i go back today and i see the guy with the forklift im like hay man can you get that car down for me hes like no and dont go climbin on it iether.so i walk back to the office and im like hey man you said you would get that car down for me and hes like oh well if he dont want to then forget it im like man i drove 45 minutes out here to get that bumper and he says well ill tell him not to crush it and we'll set it aside try back in a week. lame... so fuck it ill go back again in a couple days. i cant wait to pose as a 89.anyways thats my j/y story for the day fuck that shit im going back tomorrow.......

HondaBoy
06-08-2004, 10:35 PM
man, that guy sounds like a dick! i like the junk yards i go to. they never stack cars. i've never really had them get anything off for me, i always get the stuff off myself. i pull my own parts :lol: just sounds funny. i'm going to see if i can find a good 88-89 bumper in the same gold as my car. i actually found one, but it has a scratch kinda deep. i can probley fix that myself because the rest of the bumper looks really good. i'd try and see if i can get that for no more than $40. i'll first offer like $25 or something. i'll need new bumper lights because one is cracked i think and the other had something wrong with it, i cant remember what.

AccordAddict
08-06-2004, 06:15 PM
the junkyards around here are the same fucking way. i ask for front lips, they say they dont have any, and i go out there and look at the bumpers and they have the lips right on them, im like i see one can you get that out, and hes like... nah thats too much trouble.

chiroprakter
08-27-2004, 08:57 AM
Got an 87 accord. Took 1/8 clear lexan,jigsaw, drill and 10mins. Take lens off, mark it out on lexan, cut out with jigsaw carefully not to chip it, drill screw holes. File edges with a file or sand paper to clean it up. Use old rubber seal and bolt em on. Nice clean look for front bumper turn signals.

cody509
09-10-2005, 10:46 PM
will the 88-89 clears on pcp fit an 86 lx?

cody509
09-10-2005, 10:47 PM
nevermind guys

lostforawhile
09-11-2005, 07:18 AM
don't want to revive a dead thread but the early solid orange lamps are a different size then the ones with the clear insert in it. you can just swap the bumper out,buy one with the later lights and swap the entire thing. i went old school i like my orange lamps so i modified them. all it is is a grate behind the lamp, it just changes the entire look of the lights when they are on though. i'm thinking of installing one of those amber led bulbs in the side of the lamp so they are on with the marker lamps. at a reduced brightness of course. http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/10/web/2050000-2050999/2050019_117_full.jpg