PDA

View Full Version : B16/B18 swap

underdestructionlxi
06-06-2004, 09:35 PM
I'm trying to find out if a b16 or b18 is hard to adapt into an 87 lxi, is it possible? or what other engines could I fit that will have more power. please help.

thanks,
Dave

Oyvind Ryeng
06-06-2004, 09:41 PM
Did you even READ the FAQ?

k-roy
06-06-2004, 10:41 PM
Browsing through the faq and engine swap forums on the main page is a good start. :uh:
Yes you can get a complete mount kit for the popular B series of engines, B16A/B16B/B17/B18A/B18B/B18C/B20B/B20C to be exact. :)

There is a few differant B20A's around and only one will work, thats the one out of a European or JDM Accord. The Prelude B20A5 WILL NOT WORK. Sure anything is possible but its not worth the effort in comparison to swapping a more popular B series (listed Above) The JDM Accord B20 swap has been done plenty of times by members of this board. I would love to have one, but thats not gonna happen.

Ok PRI offers much of the custom parts you will need. They offer custom driveshafts, wiring harness conversion, shifter conversion, and engine mounts. All together the PRI parts cost around $1200

Still with me? good
Then you will need a plethera of goodies to make it work. Exaughst, the stock system is too restrictive for the B. I reccomend a new B series header, hi flow catalytic convertor and whatever fart cannon muffler you like. Get all that together and take it down to your local exuaghst shop and have them custom mandrel bend 2.5" tubing and install it all for you. New Fuel pump ,fuel pressure regulator and new fuel lines all the way is a good idea ;) . ECU, hahahahahahhahahahahah have fun with ECUs. I reccomend pgmfi.org for ECU information. Hmm time to really think. then you got a shitload of little things to think of like if you want to custom make some hoses to use your stock Accord radiator or just get an Integra radiator and custom mount that. Then there is the all important cold air intake, have fun there. Oh shit I forgot an essential piece, the transmission. Make sure you get either a 90-01 Integra, 99-01 Civic Si or Civic Type R transmission, anything else will not work.

Expect to pay at minimum $5,000 for all the parts you need. Then labor cost to some crazy mechanic out of it enough enough to take on the job.

PS
After all that time, moeny, wasted nights of sleep, heartache, blood, headaches, blisters on your feet from walking around from not having a running car, sweat and tears you still will have a old ass Honda with stock brakes and a stock suspension.

Good luck! :rice:

88LXi68
06-07-2004, 05:45 AM
I'm trying to find out if a b16 or b18 is hard to adapt into an 87 lxi, is it possible? or what other engines could I fit that will have more power. please help.

thanks,
Dave

no a b-series cant be swapped in this car....now go away!
:uh:

ET2
06-07-2004, 04:39 PM
forget the b's you want a H22 thats the ticket

momo8517
06-07-2004, 06:35 PM
Nah, H22's suck. Put a chevy 454 V8 in it. And keep it front drive. It won't torque steer. Much.

Timothy
06-26-2004, 02:29 PM
I'm in the middle of a 98 b18c swap right now. I wish it only cost 5,000. By the time you get every little part you need your looking at almost 7,500. and that was doing it my self. But it can be done. Oh, and it took me 7 months so far and it still isn't done. PlaceRacing has taken 5 months so far to do my wiring harness and I still dont Have that.

SteveDX89
06-26-2004, 04:43 PM
I'm in the middle of a 98 b18c swap right now. I wish it only cost 5,000. By the time you get every little part you need your looking at almost 7,500. and that was doing it my self. But it can be done. Oh, and it took me 7 months so far and it still isn't done. PlaceRacing has taken 5 months so far to do my wiring harness and I still dont Have that.

That sucks dude. They took 6 weeks to do mine.

RobT5580
06-26-2004, 07:26 PM
Not impressed with PRI at all myself and i dont even own any of their stuff nor would i ever buy from them. The told Steve that his harness was shipped which it never did and it came at the very last minute and they screwed up his harness as well causing us to waste a lot of time trouble shooting for nothing.

SteveDX89
06-26-2004, 07:44 PM
Not impressed with PRI at all myself and i dont even own any of their stuff nor would i ever buy from them. The told Steve that his harness was shipped which it never did and it came at the very last minute and they screwed up his harness as well causing us to waste a lot of time trouble shooting for nothing.

Yeah, they facked up the dizzy plug. Car sat for 2 weeks cause they wired it wrong. I wish another company like Hasport made swap kits for us.

Sean
06-27-2004, 06:29 PM
hmm stick with the a20a motor. its pretty bad ass when properly built and a torque monster to boot.

pinoy3gaccord
07-15-2004, 08:43 AM

a B16 will fit in a 3G ....

88LXi68
07-15-2004, 08:46 AM
a B16 will fit in a 3G ....

No it doesnt :dunno:

pinoy3gaccord
07-15-2004, 09:27 AM
No it doesnt :dunno:

yes it does.

Justin86
07-15-2004, 10:33 AM
forget the b's you want a H22 thats the ticket
Na don't listen to these guys, they don't know what they saying.... LOL

You want the hybrid K24 :D

Oyvind Ryeng
07-15-2004, 11:16 AM
No, thats weak! Get the C, or was it J32 from the NSX! That would really _haul_!