PDA

View Full Version : rev limiter

kawzone
06-06-2004, 11:28 PM
is there a way to maximize the rpm range in the 3 gen. my car boggs out at high rpm. the 94 civic i have they sell a resister that you can install that kills the rev limiter. is there somethin like that for the 3rd gen..
thanks
holdie

shepherd79
06-07-2004, 03:28 AM
we have fuel cut off. it is there for a reason so people don't over rev it. there is no reason to rev to red zone. your torque and HP are way before the red zone, so don't rev it past red zone.

88accordhb
06-07-2004, 08:29 AM
round 5500 is your best range, so don't push it dude. lol initial D wannabe hehe jk. ;)

kawzone
06-07-2004, 08:38 AM
its not making it to 5500 thats why i was askin. i like speed not Initial D.
thanks
holden

88accordhb
06-07-2004, 09:16 AM
definitely a problem, but still not really, but then again...yah it is...see for normal people hittin 3g is good enough, then Speedy-Gonzales comes and wanna hit the rev limiter...well then you better get that checked. normal 3geez shouldn't have any problems passing 5.5 g's

89 Accords Rock
06-09-2004, 04:49 AM
Hahaha just get a carbed version, No worries about rev limiters then! you can go to the limits and back with no worries!

k-roy
06-09-2004, 10:02 AM
If you want to rev higher you need to take care of some restrictions. Get a header and a complete new, bigger, freer flowing exaughst. Then get a reground cam, cold air intake and at least an upgraded coil, if not a whole new ignition. That right there should give you a nice little bump in power in the higher rpm range. After that there is always high compression pistons, headwork and possibly a new intake manifold.

HondaBoy
06-09-2004, 10:36 AM
yeah, i like telling people i have no rev limiter. most of the people think the rev limiter is cool, dont know why. most of the people here in my town i talk to are morons i guess. they usually dont know shit about cars anyway. lol. they were amazed when i told them i changed my own brakes out. haha.