PDA

View Full Version : Seatbelt trouble

Mattphi
06-07-2004, 11:12 AM
Ok i dont know how to describe this but ill try. The seat belt works perfectly fine except for one thing. After ur done with it being across ur chest and you unclick it...it does not wind back up. The mechanism on the right (on the drivers side door) that winds the seat belt from the bottom works fine. But the one on the left doesnt. I undid the door panel today and sprayed some WD40 in some spots where i thought maybe it needed some lube/ I am lost and have no idea how to fix this. Theres a bunch of labels saying "do not remove" and stuff so how do u fix this? THanks

Vinny
06-07-2004, 11:18 AM
you replace the seatbelt. Drivers side always wears out faster because it gets used more, in theory. I wouldn't reccomend taking it aprt. mine does the same thing on the hatch. I may be ordering a new one if the one I'm getting with the black interior doesn't work any better

Mattphi
06-07-2004, 11:24 AM
the actual seatbelt or the whole "mechanism" thing?

Vinny
06-07-2004, 11:35 AM
I think it only comes as an entire assembly, and ouch its 300 bucks

NXRacer
06-07-2004, 11:59 AM
the seatbelts in the coupe weren't meant to be unclicked. as strange as it sounds, its true. and thats why the seatbelt won't retract all the way. You're supposed to get in while the seatbelt is still plugged in. Its kinda strange at first, but after you get the hang of getting in, its a lot easier. then you dont have to plug the seatbelt in all the time.

Bloodlust
06-07-2004, 12:44 PM
the seatbelts in the coupe weren't meant to be unclicked. as strange as it sounds, its true. and thats why the seatbelt won't retract all the way. You're supposed to get in while the seatbelt is still plugged in. Its kinda strange at first, but after you get the hang of getting in, its a lot easier. then you dont have to plug the seatbelt in all the time.

WTF? I didnt know that. Thats probably the gheyest thing Ive ever heard of. Oh well, seatbelts kill people, thats why I dont wear them.

badmanferg
06-07-2004, 02:00 PM
WTF? I didnt know that. Thats probably the gheyest thing Ive ever heard of. Oh well, seatbelts kill people, thats why I dont wear them.

no its pretty ill, my girl had a lxi coupe an rocked it w/ the seatbelt always in, seatbelts really do work an at least it was better than her forgetting to put it on all the time

MrBen
06-07-2004, 02:41 PM

I'd rather take my chances and die of a seatbelt slicing me in half rather than flying through the shattered windshield and flying 50 feet on the pavement. http://smilies.jeeptalk.org/contrib/turb/duhard.gif

badmanferg
06-07-2004, 03:14 PM
http://smilies.jeeptalk.org/contrib/turb/duhard.gif

:lol: :rofl: :lol:

DBMaster
06-08-2004, 06:19 AM
An interesting observation of mine is that regardless of whether you leave the seatbelt "plugged in" or not the retractors will still have to work. If it is plugged in every time you open and close the door you will be operating the retractors. So, either way it won't make them last any longer.

89 Accords Rock
06-09-2004, 04:48 AM
Yeah that is a common problem with the winding mechanism. Easy solution. Go out and buy yourself a 4 point harness, Never have to worry about that, and its look a lot better, and you never move from you seat!! :)

kawzone
06-09-2004, 09:40 AM
and the harness wont slice your head off.