PDA

View Full Version : engine warning light..

netfreak
07-18-2002, 02:33 PM
my engine warning light came on for a second while doing a turn.. I haven't seen it since. Oil level is fine and I'll check all the other liquids later. Other than that, anyone have an idea what could cause it? I'll send it to the mechanic when i get my paycheque and get an oil change too.

Bobs89LXi
07-18-2002, 04:37 PM
If the engine light came on, your ECU has no doubt stored it in it's memory. The ECU is located under the driver's seat. It has a an LED that will blink a sequence of numbers, pause, and repeat the sequence. There is a ECU diagnostic chart in the FAQ section. To clear it, either disconnect the battery or remove the ECU fuse for approx. 60 seconds.

netfreak
07-18-2002, 05:20 PM
Thanks. According to my manual, the indicator light means there could be a problem with the EFI. Since it doesnt stay lit up, I imagine I have no real problem right away, but I'll still have it checked up on in a few days.

Now to rip out the seat....

netfreak
07-18-2002, 06:03 PM
It doesnt really say anywhere how to find the light... I just noticed it out of the corner of my eye when i moved my seat up.

Engine code 2
Oxygen Sensor "B"
defective circuit or unplugged / defective sensor

Hrmm... any suggestions?

Bobs89LXi
07-18-2002, 08:51 PM
Unfortunately, the fuel injected engine has two oxygen sensors, one right next to the other. They are located on the exhaust manifold. When one goes, the other is not far from dying, so it is best to replace them both. They are not cheap, although the Bosch are less spendy than ones from the dealer and work just as well.

netfreak
07-18-2002, 10:15 PM
Cool thanks. Hopefully I can do this job myself :D

Sabz5150
07-19-2002, 04:17 AM
Get an O2 sensor socket and a breaker bar. You'll need them.

-5150 :bandit: