PDA

View Full Version : wow more problems to add...

86LXi|JustONE
06-08-2004, 12:40 PM
for car just spit up a bunch of tranny fluid....

recently i changed the fluid in my tranny....upon inspection the guy that was helping me flush the tranny said there were a few problem such as a missing seal on the inner cy boot...today i throw my car in reverse and back into a space i get out and where i shifted it had spitted all over the pavement..

the guy that i fixed the car with said that theres a seal thats missing on the inner cv joint....he said i would have to get it replaced if anything else...could this be causing the leak from the tranny...

i also think he was saying something about the tranny housing being cracked..how do you crack the tranny housing?

pixiesfan78
06-08-2004, 04:09 PM
well when i did my own cvs i didnt have to worry about a seal but that doesnt mean its not there ask sean or somebody who rips these cars apart daily. when i did mine it was just a matter of getting it plunged in ther good it kinda clicks when its all the way in.all i can say is get the car up on a lift and start er up you should be able to locate it pretty easy. thats how i found my steering leak.

k-roy
06-08-2004, 04:24 PM
Just go to the dealer and get a new seal, its only a few bucks.
Thats one part I bet very few people replace while doing driveshafts (I did).

As for the cracked tranny, shit man take a good long look just to make sure the guy is not jerking you around.

86LXi|JustONE
06-09-2004, 12:11 AM
well im not quite sure about the cracked tranny but i know for one its missing a seal and theres some play in it...can it be that maybe thats whats causing the tranny to leak?

k-roy
06-09-2004, 12:38 AM
Just go to the dealer and get a new seal, its only a few bucks.
:uh:

BlueBead
06-09-2004, 12:45 AM
I'm with KRoy on this one... if you're missing that seal then it'll leak. I'm not one hundred percent, but I think those tranny's are designed not to leak with forward rotation, but then there is no way to stop leaking with reverse rotation. First step would be to back it up again and see if it leaks. If it does only in reverse I would say it's probably just the seal. In any case you want to make sure that you're buddy was just fucking w/ you, so get your ass under there and make sure the tranny isn't cracked. Good luck!

86LXi|JustONE
06-09-2004, 08:54 AM
fa sho ill do that but before i go i have to install the tranny fluid it spit out yesterday....and see if it does that again...i think the only reason it leaked massively is because the gears bit in reverse...but then again to the dealership i go....

AccordEpicenter
06-09-2004, 07:45 PM
there are some casting marks and shit that may look like the case is cracked... dont worry about it unless there is obviously serious damage or youre leaking tranny oil thru it

BlueBead
06-15-2004, 01:38 AM
so was it the seal or what man? give us an update!
I've been wondering how things turned out.....

A20A1
06-15-2004, 01:51 AM
It's not a PS fluid leak is it, near the speedo cable port?

accordlxi2.0
06-15-2004, 05:48 PM
i don't see how you can crack a tranny, my 3g had 218,xxxmi, i've nuetral dropped, braked torqued, drove really hard most of the time, and my tranny was fine, and it was an auto!!!!!!