PDA

View Full Version : PCP Clear Front Corner Lights?

HondaBoy
06-08-2004, 01:40 PM
ok, so i usually look throught ProCarParts.com just to pass the time and to look and see if there's anything i want. there usually isnt. lol. so i was sent a notice that i can get things 5% off, so i thought i'd see if there's anything i wanted. i found they list clear front corner lights for the 86-87 accord. i dont know if this is just a misleading listing or what. i'd hope this is true. i dont think they are clear corners, but i thought i might as well ask y'all if you know if they are the corner lights or just some bumper lights. here's a pic of what im hoping they replace, the pic if the OEM corner light that PCP sells also, and there's the link to the listing. if you cant see the pic, you ought to know what it looks like anyway.
http://www.procarparts.com/store-detail.asp?sku=HD86AC%2D9838CLX&dbname=onlinestoreDB
http://www.procarparts.com/OEMproducts/34350-SE0-A01.jpg

Vanilla Sky
06-08-2004, 01:59 PM
would be nice, to tell you the truth

shepherd79
06-08-2004, 02:07 PM
if you want to find out, just buy them and let us know.

HondaBoy
06-08-2004, 02:10 PM
ha, maybe i will. hope that wouldnt be wasting my money. i was going to buy new bumper lights when i get the 88-89 front bumper though. i'll email them about it then. if those ass holes take as long to reply to me as last time, it'll take a good 3-4 weeks. lol.

88accordalltheway
06-08-2004, 03:43 PM
no dude, they are the bumper lights not the corners. Ive seen them on there b4. IMO there still worth it because mine are clear but the plastic is all messed up with rock divots and scratches.

thegreatdane
06-08-2004, 03:50 PM
Did they start making 86-87 clear bumper lights?? That would apply to the european market too then. (which is all 86-87 style)

Someone please confirm this. Hondaboy, did you email them?

HondaBoy
06-08-2004, 08:03 PM
ok, i did email them, but there is no telling when i will get a reply due to so many emails being sent to them all the time. i'll tell you what they say when i get emailed. they really should have put a picture on there, i did tell them about that. i hope its the corner lights, hope they have the bumper lights for the 86-87 too because i know a lot of y'all want an oem fit lense to go there. hey 88accordalltheway, i dont know if you know this, but 86-87 bumper lights were different than the 88-89. maybe you didnt know that. although 86-89 hb's had the orange screw on type like the 86-87 sedans.

BlueBead
06-09-2004, 02:07 AM
once again, we wait for someone else to get their head out of their ass..... maybe we should plant someone inside to get us staff discounts...... so where are they located? - I'd like that job

thegreatdane
06-09-2004, 02:08 AM
Thank you. I look forward to the reply :)

HostileJava
06-09-2004, 06:24 AM
The way they list them is kinda wierd, as if they were different for the Sedan and Coupe, and the pictures for the 86-87 and 88-89 are the same, I think they just made a mistake.

carotman
06-09-2004, 06:51 AM
They will work for the European model also.. will be all clear instead of orange and clear.

thegreatdane
06-09-2004, 07:16 AM
IF they are 86-87 style bumper turn signals that is.

88accordalltheway
06-09-2004, 07:17 AM
it says at the bottom that the page it was last updated in 1-1-03.....its really old. Someone around here should know if its for real or not and what it really is. Idk about what i said b4. I know that they sell the clear bumper lights for the 88-89....

wprocomp
06-09-2004, 08:22 AM
here are the PCP front lenses
http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/8/web/356000-356999/356257_79_full.jpg
they are pretty nice and fit very well--they do not however fit 86-87 accords.only 88-89 style bumpers.

I talked to a guy named chris when I bought them and he said that they do not have corners,and will not put in a request to make them,they do not do custom part orders,they only buy what they can get,I dont know who makes these either

Vanilla Sky
06-09-2004, 09:15 AM
you just gotta floss that front apron...

bullard123
06-09-2004, 10:29 AM
Yeah they only make the clear bumper lights for the 88-89 accords. The ones that alreadly have the clear/orange bumper lights. I ordered some for my 88 hatch and they did not fit, plus they had the wrong plug ins.

HondaBoy
06-09-2004, 11:59 AM
hey wprocomp. you should show us the whole bumper, you know you wanna show that mugen kit! yeah, i'm getting the 88-89 bumper. but i'm keeping the 86-87 corner lights. i'll probley get those all clear bumper lights.

HondaBoy
07-01-2004, 01:44 PM
ok, so they are fosho. here they are at ProCarParts.com..............ok, i've ordered them. time to go get the money order and mail it. i'll tell y'all how they turn out. and of course post pix!
http://www.procarparts.com/products/HD86AC-9838CLX.JPG

unc25
07-01-2004, 02:30 PM
tight!!! Way Tight!!!! Oh I am gonna touch myself...

HondaBoy
07-01-2004, 07:46 PM
hey now, if those make you feel that way, then i'm sure your not the only one. lol. wonder if anyone else has ordered them? well, i surely printed out my order form, got the money order, and mailed that shit to california! the LED bulbs i have in my corner lights now should look way better in these. the insides of these clear ones looks to be chrome finished instead of a sort of dull finish like the insides of stock ones. i think i'll like em. i really like the projector H4 conversions i got from PCP. just hope it doesnt take almost a month like last time. it was worth the wait though. ha, next thing you know they'll have custom tail lights! you never know, bet nobody ever thought they'd mass produce clear corners for our 3gee. i'd hope if they made tails, they wouldnt have the signature ricey look. maybe i should smoke these clear corners and make em look like the Aerodeck ones?

bullard123
07-01-2004, 08:10 PM
How much do they cost??

HondaBoy
07-01-2004, 08:21 PM
my price was $49.59 with shipping and handling. that's because i'm a registered memeber or whatever. they are listed at $39.99 with nothing added up. they dont have pix of the 88-89 corners yet, but i'm sure they will.

ivanfbi
07-01-2004, 08:21 PM
40 dead Washingtons + couple more dead presidents for shipping

slowazz86carb
07-01-2004, 11:28 PM
Those are sweet.THese fools are in the same city as me.Yet they wont let me pick them up in person.

Vanilla Sky
07-02-2004, 03:40 AM
i'll be buying them... they'll be most likely tinted amber, though

unc25
07-02-2004, 05:01 AM
I want to get them, but I am not sure how they will look though with the rest of the "trim" on the headlight and grille. I was thinking about what I could do to make everything look right....I thought about "shaving" the rest of the trim, but I am not sure how that would turn out either.

I will probably end up getting some anyways, and just hold them until I figure something out.....

wprocomp
07-02-2004, 11:34 AM
wow hondaboy proved me wrong,let me know how they fit man!

bullard123
07-02-2004, 07:46 PM
I want to get them, but I am not sure how they will look though with the rest of the "trim" on the headlight and grille. I was thinking about what I could do to make everything look right....I thought about "shaving" the rest of the trim, but I am not sure how that would turn out either.

I will probably end up getting some anyways, and just hold them until I figure something out.....

I was thinking the same thing. I don't know if they will look right with the smoked covers on the hood. but I can't really say until I see some pics of them. I'm just so happy that somebody took the time to notice the 3gee accord and provide some aftermarket support. I hope this bandwagon just keeps on rollin!!!!!!

HondaBoy
07-02-2004, 09:51 PM
i can probley do something to make the eye brow trim pieces look right. i can probley make some new pieces out of patterned plastic. there are some lights we sell at my work that have the same size patterned squares on the light cover. those are florescent. i'm going to see if i can get one of those light covers. then i can also make some new custom tails that'll look stockish. damn, i still havent worked on my supra style tails. i'm going to see about getting the round red lenses for em. that'll be one thing marked off supplies list. ok, as for the clear corners i ordered, i'll estimate they'll come in in about 3 weeks or so. damn it, i want em now! lol.

wprocomp
07-02-2004, 10:27 PM
hey man why dont you just get some smoke lense paint(the good stuff) and paint over them,basically you will have aerodeck corners and they will match the eyebrows,or if you want to keep them clear,shave the eyebrows and fill them in with sheetmetal,thats what I am doing

unc25
07-03-2004, 06:00 AM
Yeah I will probably just end up shaving them....I am in the process of "shaving" a bunch of things any ways, my antenna hole, my rear wiper, emblem holes, my genitlas..Why not go ahead and shave the "eyebrows".

Vanilla Sky
07-03-2004, 06:50 AM
I am in the process of "shaving" a bunch of things any ways, my antenna hole, my rear wiper, emblem holes, my genitlas

just curious... shaving the pubic hair, or having a sex change?

HondaBoy
07-03-2004, 05:58 PM
lol, i would wanna shave that damn antenna. looks like ass IMO. i'd like to have a hidden antenna, like my 6th gen has. i know the have cap off things for the antenna hole. i've seen em on civics, and they will fit the 3gee. but i'd rather have it smooth. as for shaving the eye brows, nah, i think they make the car distinctive. i'f i can get the light cover's from my work, i'll show y'all what i'm going to do. not sure how i'd go about it. probley sand the back side or something to make it look foggy, and put some of that chrome tape on it or spray close to chrome paint on the back. come hell or high water, i'm going to get it done! lol.

slowazz86carb
07-03-2004, 06:17 PM
Are there any other yrs that would fit and look good?

HondaBoy
07-03-2004, 06:33 PM
what you mean, like other body styles of cars that would fit on the 3gee? no, but years 86-89 have the same size and shaped corner's. 86-87 and 88-89 looked differnt, but they fit on all models of the 3gee with flip up head lights.

DeeJay
07-04-2004, 02:32 PM
hey i got bought them too i'll try to get pics later. and the fit perfect

unc25
07-04-2004, 06:28 PM
just curious... shaving the pubic hair, or having a sex change?

lol, that would be my pubic hair......but now that you mention it :kekeke:

na j/k that fucking sick :barf:

Vanilla Sky
07-05-2004, 07:56 AM
:ugh: :ugh: just makin sure :ugh: :ugh:

carotman
07-05-2004, 10:34 PM
they should just make an eyebrow/grill that will match the clear plastic... they will make even more money out of this...

unc25
07-06-2004, 12:37 PM
very true carotman very true...Words of wisdom from a master.

HondaBoy
07-06-2004, 01:41 PM
damn it, that plastic light cover is just sitting right there where i can take it. but they still havent made up their mind on whether it needs to be sent back long with the defective light. plus i havent had time to bring that to their full attention. i think i'll try making bumper lights outta that too because its crystal clear and not whiteish like the ones i have now.

88accordalltheway
07-06-2004, 01:48 PM
if the pcp guys were smart, they would sell a kit that would be all clear sidemarkers, eye brows and grill piece. To jsut have clear corners is stupid and would look ugly and cheap imo. If anything i would tint all the plastic parts right there so they would all match, and look like the aerodeck ones. But then again this would defeat the purpose of having clears. I think the best and cheapest way to do things is jsut to paint all that crap and then just put those little side markers behind the wheel. I did it and im preety happy with it.

THese fools are in the same city as me.Yet they wont let me pick them up in person. thats because the make all their money off of shipping and handling.

howndamane
07-06-2004, 02:07 PM
i have to replace them anyways so my dad is buyin the suckers for me :) good deal...im gonna get the front turn signal clear covers off ebay too so it will match a little better...they are so awesome i cant wait to put em in

maka_RTH
07-07-2004, 08:45 AM
i emailed them just now about the 88-89 clear corners. i noticed the clear corners yesterday, but i didn't get any yet since they didn't have a picture. hopefully they answer soon, cuz i want some.

howndamane
07-07-2004, 09:18 PM
if the pcp guys were smart, they would sell a kit that would be all clear sidemarkers, eye brows and grill piece. To jsut have clear corners is stupid and would look ugly and cheap imo. If anything i would tint all the plastic parts right there so they would all match, and look like the aerodeck ones. But then again this would defeat the purpose of having clears. I think the best and cheapest way to do things is jsut to paint all that crap and then just put those little side markers behind the wheel. I did it and im preety happy with it.
thats because the make all their money off of shipping and handling.

i ordered the clear corners and the front bumper signal covers...each supposidley weighed 2 pounds and the shipping came out to 16.89 or something like that....highway robbery dude.....

bullard123
07-08-2004, 03:44 AM
I agree. They use Fed Ex ground 3 day shipping and I know Fed Ex is not that expensive. Plus they are promoting this 5% off summer sale like its gonna save you so much money. It only saved me $2.88 off of a $55 dollar order wowwwwww.

HondaBoy
07-09-2004, 06:05 PM
here's where i posted my new clear bumper lights i made. i will probley make some new eyebrows to match the corners. wont be hard at all. i'll have to use 3M two sided tape though to hold em on, but if you clear really well where you stick it it wont fall off. they should turn out great.
http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?t=35944

bullard123
07-09-2004, 06:15 PM
Man those look good. I think they would look better with hyper white bulbs though.

HondaBoy
07-09-2004, 10:13 PM
yeah, thats what most of the guys say, but i dont really want hyper white. although i do have some laying around that were for the back up lights. they werent bright enough so i have halogen back up lights now. maybe i'll put the hyper whites in, i dunno.

maka_RTH
07-13-2004, 11:25 PM
well, i never did get an email back, but they do have a picture up now of the 88-89 clear corners. i just wonder if they'd look good or not since they're all clear... someone should get them and find out ;) here's the pic
http://www.procarparts.com/products/HD88AC-9932CLX.JPG

markmdz89hatch
07-14-2004, 02:34 AM
I must admit, those ARE SWEET Greg. Thanks for posting that pic.

Guys, I think if you painted your grille and eyelids the same color of your car, then put these clears on, you'll be rollin'. Someone needs to get these and put them on and take a million pics. Damn, I wonder what finally gave PCP the final kick in the ass to get these produced?

Nate2310
07-14-2004, 07:36 AM
yeah I think the 89 corners look sick

HondaBoy
07-14-2004, 08:58 AM
i dunno, maybe paint the eye brows and grille the same silver/chrome the corners are. i know someone posted pix recently of their 88 or 89 with the grille, eye brow and corners painted a silver. looked good. i'd like to have that pattern that is in the original ones showing, but in a differnt color. i still didnt get to making the eye brows and gille part for mine yet. i'll probley wait 'till the corners come in. just wait and see, they will probley start making custom tails for our cars. it would be nice if they had black housing lights in addition to the chrome ones. i like the look of the black corners and tails, they call it "JDM black" or something like that.

slowazz86carb
07-14-2004, 09:01 AM
dam.those are nice.

HondaBoy
07-14-2004, 02:01 PM
i knew it. it took exactly 2 weeks for them to ship em. well, at least now i can track my order.

unc25
07-17-2004, 09:06 PM
still havent gotten around to ordering these yet, but I am working on painting the grill and eybrows body color and finishing up with the emblem, antenna and washer holes....

Be sure to post more pics as you get them on...

HondaBoy
07-18-2004, 07:31 PM
hey, tomorrow is the schedualed date for UPS to deliver my corners! yeppy! they best be on time with that shit :lol:. ah, its been really rare that they havent been on time. anyway, i'll have to make some time to change em out. shouldnt take but at most 5 minutes to change em. i still have to change this little hose on my oil pan and change the oil, the clean up and crap tomorrow after work. man i'm dedicated to the 3gee! seems like i'm always doing maintenance on it, but then maybe thats why its not dead yet? ok, i'll hopefully have some nice pix with the new corners.

Mattphi
07-19-2004, 11:12 AM
Ordering my Clear Corners as of tonight...ill take some pix when i get them in

unc25
07-19-2004, 12:51 PM
please take some pics for my sake, I really need to get a good look at these....

Mattphi
07-20-2004, 05:22 AM
yea tomorrow is my birthday and i know that my dad ordered my some Diamond cut headlights with the H4 bulbs, clear turn signals from procarparts.com, and some JDM sidemarkers from OPTauto.com. I am pretty sure that he ordered the clear sidemakers (ones by the headlights) also

unc25
07-20-2004, 10:30 AM
I have to get a hold of a can of my exact paint color in order to finish up this damn work I have been doing now for oh lets think about 2 months on one front emblem hole! When I get the pain I can paint my eyebrows and my grille as well. Then the corners should flow nicer with the car...

kaltenacht
05-06-2005, 06:59 PM
I hope they turn out well, if they do then I will purchase some for my car! Looking forward to more replies so keep it up with the posts!

sporkHSP
05-07-2005, 11:00 PM
holy old threads batman!
check the dates... the last post before yours was like 10 months ago.
there are pics around of some of those cars and others with the corners.
look at Military Mase (accord of the month)

kaltenacht
05-08-2005, 05:45 PM
Holy crap your right! :uh: i probably need to start checking dates... I usually just look at the thread names.... :pc: