PDA

View Full Version : Rear disc swap Question!

Volitech
06-09-2004, 02:53 PM
So I'm in the proceses of ordering everything I need to this and I need to know if I am missing anything I need to do this. I did the search and looked in the how to section but didn't find exactly what I was looking for.

So far I know I need the hubs, calipers, proportioning valve, ebrake cables, brake lines and rotors! Do I need the crossmember? or anything else?

k-roy
06-09-2004, 02:56 PM
What crossmember?
I got a prop valve for sale if you are interested.

You also need the knuckle, control arms, trailing arm and heat shield.

When you go to the junkyard just get the entire rear suspension minus the spring and shock assembly. If you unbolt the brake line, coilover, control arms and trailing arm everything will pull right out.

Volitech
06-09-2004, 03:03 PM
What crossmember?
I got a prop valve for sale if you are interested.

You also need the knuckle, control arms, trailing arm and heat shield.

When you go to the junkyard just get the entire rear suspension minus the spring and shock assembly. If you unbolt the brake line, coilover, control arms and trailing arm everything will pull right out.

How much for the prop valve?

k-roy
06-09-2004, 03:07 PM
$15 shipped
Send me a PM if you are interested.
Its in good shape and all the threads are undamaged. Here are a couple of large pics.
http://monolith.projectgamma.com/~kroy/3geez/100_4063.jpg
http://monolith.projectgamma.com/~kroy/3geez/100_4064.jpg

Volitech
06-09-2004, 03:12 PM
[QUOTE=k-roy]$15 shipped
Send me a PM if you are interested.

Tried to pm you but it said your mail box was full. Do you have a paypal accout? $15 sound good to me.

Vinny
06-09-2004, 03:20 PM
Just a suggestions, but you may want to get in on the group buy on lines. The price we were quoted was cheaper than what it cost me for new rubbler lines from any of the local parts houses. Thats for ALL the lines

I had a thread i started somewhere that goesinto what all you will need. Uou aren't planing on ordering everything new are yopu? I mean knuckles and everything

pimp86LX
06-09-2004, 03:47 PM
another suggestion is to check out the rear setup of the 3g prelude. As far as i know a lot of the parts are interchangable between the se-i accord and the lude. If that is the case you may find cheaper parts.

Busted_Blue
06-09-2004, 05:59 PM
Anyone have ideas on SEi ebrake cables as I don't have those... =X

Volitech
06-09-2004, 06:11 PM
Just a suggestions, but you may want to get in on the group buy on lines. The price we were quoted was cheaper than what it cost me for new rubbler lines from any of the local parts houses. Thats for ALL the lines

I had a thread i started somewhere that goesinto what all you will need. Uou aren't planing on ordering everything new are yopu? I mean knuckles and everything

I am considering that group buy but I need to recoop some cash before I spend more cash.

No I'm not buying this stuff new! I checked intop it and I can't afford all that new. I found a web site that tracks down any part you want!

Vinny
06-09-2004, 06:16 PM
I told ya napa has them listed, and someone said they actually got a set from majestic. I think Moody said that

Check your PM Volitech

buish
06-09-2004, 11:34 PM
busted blue - i saw a sei at the SJ pick-n-pull north, off oakland st. rear disc setup is still there. i didn't really take a good look at it, b/c i only want cupholders. it had armrest, but foam was messed up. cables should still be there.

Busted_Blue
06-10-2004, 01:36 AM
thanks for the info buish, i think i'll take a look! :D

edit: shit looks like i cant really take a look. Buish is there anyway you can check and be sure? I really dont want to make the trip to realize there is no cable left =\

Moodybluesr
06-10-2004, 02:50 AM
The trailing arms are actually the same; I am in the process of swapping them right now and I have the luxury of having both cars in my garage while I'm doing the job. :D

smufguy
06-10-2004, 05:18 AM
i dont know what u searched under. but this thread is all u need for the parts in the rear itself http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?t=34374 check that thread out and u will know u can save a shit load of money.

buish
06-10-2004, 03:08 PM
man, its like 45 min drive for me, and gas is expensive, plus i'm unemployed. haha, so i'm not down for a trip, unless i'm going there to buy something, haha. i'm pretty sure rear disc stuff is intact. they took like the console, ripped out the door panels, and i think most of the engine stuff is there still. i took a peek underneath for sway bars, and they were still there. i think front driver side hub/knuckle, someone took that.

Busted_Blue
06-10-2004, 06:49 PM
man, its like 45 min drive for me, and gas is expensive, plus i'm unemployed. haha, so i'm not down for a trip, unless i'm going there to buy something, haha. i'm pretty sure rear disc stuff is intact. they took like the console, ripped out the door panels, and i think most of the engine stuff is there still. i took a peek underneath for sway bars, and they were still there. i think front driver side hub/knuckle, someone took that.

welll I JUST went to the North one and there was NOTHING. Not even this Sei you speak of. Then I went to the south one and nothing also so then I went back to Newark Pick n Pull and low and behold the the same SEi coupe I took the rear disc brakes were there. I went and took the ebrakes off for 23 bucks so total was $180 plus gas for everything. That Sei has nothing on it left now. the whole interior is pratically missing for whats salvagable.

I don't know what North San Jose Pick n Pull you went to, but there were no Sei in the honda area. Good thing the Newark one still had the cables. :D

now on to less rare parts!

CASH24
06-10-2004, 06:58 PM
you might want to check the cables off of the legends. I used there whole rear suspension for my swap and Im pretty sure the e-brake cables are the same.

Busted_Blue
06-10-2004, 07:38 PM
you might want to check the cables off of the legends. I used there whole rear suspension for my swap and Im pretty sure the e-brake cables are the same.

hold on, that works!? Please inform us all! I thought that the legend is 4x114.3 bolt pattern huh?

Vinny
06-10-2004, 07:52 PM
its is a 114.3 pattern. I know a few of us have questioned if the legend parts would work. I'd like to see some pics of it

CASH24
06-10-2004, 08:08 PM
yeah your correct, I currently have universal rims and one bolt pattern fits the fronts and the other pattern fits the rears. kind of ghetto I know. Im working on switching the hubs out which is pretty easy, but my problem is locating a rotor to work with our bolt pattern (i've been really busy lately so I havn't really tried anything yet) As for the swap it was a little different but once I started there was no turning back. I picked up the knuckle and everything from the junk yard and started to work on it. But then realized that the knuckle didn't fit to our trailing arm (bolts on the legend knuckle are a little thicker) so I went back got the legend trailing arm and proceeded soon to find out the mount from the trailing arm to our car was bigger. Well a nice mallet made more clearance for the mount and I drilled two new hole in the mount to line up the holes. After that it fit like a dream. I havn't switched the port. valve yet. Everything works great and they look good with my rims. I could take pics if you want and if you need any help my email is [email protected]. The SE-i swap is easier but Im an impacient man and got tired of looking for them. I will be around for another month and then I'm being deployed in support of OIF. Hope this helps and sorry so long

pixiesfan78
06-10-2004, 08:55 PM
dude can you take a wheel off and snap a pic? exactly what year legend? list exactly everything you got and please tell me is there a noticable difference in braking' and or cornering? i can find legends all day long but sei ive never even seen one in person.if you can show us any mods you had to perform in the pics thanks so much.:bow:

smufguy
06-10-2004, 09:51 PM
its is a 114.3 pattern. I know a few of us have questioned if the legend parts would work. I'd like to see some pics of it

check my other thread at technical section u should find a thread i started about 1st gen legend and 3g accord parts. A lot of em, including calipers were interchangable.

EDIT: http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?t=31951 here is the thread i started. has part numbers and what are compatable.

Justin86
06-10-2004, 09:53 PM
ha I own an Se-i. Yea having rear disc's help but having big brake kits help even more. :D

buish
06-10-2004, 10:22 PM
welll I JUST went to the North one and there was NOTHING. Not even this Sei you speak of. Then I went to the south one and nothing also so then I went back to Newark Pick n Pull and low and behold the the same SEi coupe I took the rear disc brakes were there. I went and took the ebrakes off for 23 bucks so total was $180 plus gas for everything. That Sei has nothing on it left now. the whole interior is pratically missing for whats salvagable.

I don't know what North San Jose Pick n Pull you went to, but there were no Sei in the honda area. Good thing the Newark one still had the cables. :D

now on to less rare parts!

the one, off 101, take oakland rd. exit, and its on commercial st. it was the first car along the walking lane. the teal color sei. i was there on sunday. i doubt they would have crushed it that fast, b/c it still had sellable parts left on it.

Busted_Blue
06-11-2004, 12:57 PM
I swear, I walked around honda maybe 15 times and there was nothing...was it even near honda at all? oh well I got my parts from the same SEi i took the other parts from so i'm not too worried. but if anyone needs the rear disc setup, buish says there is one there.

wprocomp
06-11-2004, 06:43 PM
for those that doubted the e-brake cables from any model accord would work...
http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/8/web/356000-356999/356257_85_full.jpg
http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/8/web/356000-356999/356257_86_full.jpg
Its dirty I know rained this week but it works fine...it may not be OEM correct or proper but it works perfect and I have had not one problem

Busted_Blue
06-11-2004, 11:28 PM
looks interresting...had I seen this before yesterday, i woould've done it! Insted I went out to the junkyard and bought the cables i forgot to get for 23bucks. stupid me.

smufguy
06-12-2004, 10:54 PM
looks interresting...had I seen this before yesterday, i woould've done it! Insted I went out to the junkyard and bought the cables i forgot to get for 23bucks. stupid me.

thats why a thread was created by me that had corss reference for parts on the disk and drumb brakes, everything besides the center knuckle assembly (of course the disk) is different, u dont need the upper or lower arms, just the knuckle and even the hubs are the same part. not to mention the cable too. :dunno:

Busted_Blue
06-12-2004, 11:04 PM
With my 56k, it's sometimes hard to realize when to stop searching and just go out and buy. my mistake and I paid for it. oh well. I guess I'll have a few extra parts available. :)

another thing was I was always looking at the SEi, and it was the first time i've seen the SEi out there so I figured why not. Not knowing exactly what was neccessary, i just took everything including the arms. cost me an extra 40bucks. Oh well! Had I not taken the trailing arm, i might have left the hard brake lines left and had to go back for those.