PDA

View Full Version : This Car Is Making Me A Little Mad

MIK3
06-09-2004, 04:27 PM
Great. So I get my car back from the tune up and rack and pinion service. And to my dispair, (although I knew eventually it was going to happen), my carb needs to be rebuilt and my transmission needs to be rebuilt as well. WTF. That alone is going to be worth more than the damn car. I had a hunch that my car needed to be rebuilt from the stupid diesling after I shut it off, and then the transmission I knew, but my dad, ignorantly decides not to do anything about it...

So all in all I'm looking into about $2500+ in repairs...Let's just say I'm not the happiest person right now. It's all the more reason I want a bike more than anything.

i.c.
06-09-2004, 04:32 PM
hey! i'm on the same boat you are....i just got another car(well truck)

Vinny
06-09-2004, 04:56 PM
hey! i'm on the same boat you are....i just got another car(well truck)

What does a boat have to do with his car?????? :D

Don't be a quitter like D, fix the accord. Its paid for

i.c.
06-09-2004, 05:00 PM
Its paid for

don't remind me :sad2:

thegreatdane
06-09-2004, 05:03 PM
Just fix it your self. Then it'll be cheap.

88accordhb
06-09-2004, 05:03 PM
wow dude 2500 seems steep, well good luck bro.

Vanilla Sky
06-09-2004, 06:02 PM
put in a weber and a tranny from the yard

MIK3
06-09-2004, 08:50 PM
Yeah. Right now, it's looking like I just might get the carb rebuilt. The transmission is still sticking in there, just takes longer than normal to get into forth. Plus, I doubt the dealers would noticed that if I traded it in. So far, I think I'm going to lean into getting a truck, and from there, in a year when I have a job, get my bike. Trucks are cheap on insurance and pretty fairly priced. Any car that I want right now that will satisfy my needs I can not afford, so I'll just go to a truck right now. This is still in the very begining stages however.

i.c.
06-10-2004, 03:41 PM
get a mini truck man....like an oldschool nissan hardbody

cvergi01
06-10-2004, 03:50 PM
I bought a carb from the yard for $100.00, took me 3 hrs to install, runs great....well, I need to adjust the timing.

jlaccord89lxi
06-10-2004, 04:18 PM
"This Car Is Making Me A Little Mad"

only a little mad? how 'bout red hot, son of a bitch, freakin' flippin, through the roof pissed off!!! That's how i get when my car breaks cause it happens too often.

crwa
06-10-2004, 07:01 PM
Go steal another accord and then all you problems are solved- just don't get caught or then more problems... jk... It would be way cheaper to get an aftermarket carb and then go get a trnas. from the yard, or you could even get the stuff from someone on the board for around $300 total, then install it yourself, or have a friend who knows about cars do the install...

MrBen
06-10-2004, 07:10 PM
Quite personally I would hit a junkyard and pull a carb out of there. Or find one off 3geez. For the amount of time you want to have your car it seems like your best bet.

That sucks though. I know exactly how you feel. :(

MIK3
06-13-2004, 01:27 PM
Yeah. This is an option that I am considering as well. I might just find a carb in a junkyard and install that myself.

As for the truck i.c., it will most likely be a 96-99 Ford Ranger.

pimp_n87LXi
06-13-2004, 02:20 PM
no ford ranger!! Noooo

HondaBoy
06-13-2004, 03:26 PM
i used to have the problem of dieseling after i would shut the engine off. that was fixed by setting the timing correctly. dont know if that would be something you'd want to try, but its worth trying. i remember when it felt like every other week i'd have to fix something. but since i've had it for a few years, i've done all the routine maintenance myself which otherwise wouldnt get done. saved a lot of money that way. my mom drove the car before i got it and it wasnt kept up a good as i keep it. i'm only 17 just to give you an idea. i'd try fixing that carb first thing. as for the tranny, whats it got wrong with it? i wouldnt touch my transmission personally, so maybe you feel the same about that. i would take it to a professional place, but that takes some money.