PDA

View Full Version : A/C o-rings, where to buy?

AC439
06-10-2004, 08:44 AM
I just got my reman A/C compressor 10p15e (type I). I tried to find the o-rings / seals (for the suction/discharge block) from autoparts store and they don't seem to have a direct fit (usually they do have those assortment packages). I'd like to get the seals from a dealer but I'm living nowhere near anyone of them. Have you guys ordered from some other online honda dealers? Which one did you use? Are they pretty good in locating all seals that you need? Thanks.

-Alex

k-roy
06-10-2004, 08:49 AM
Majestic Honda seems popular. I have never used them but Vinny highly reccomends them.
www.hondaautomotiveparts.com

Vinny
06-10-2004, 08:53 AM
I have re-done thew AC systems in both the hatch and sedan over the last year. I order EVERYTHING from Majestic honda. You can get an O ring kit from them for $1.45 the Majestic reference number is 16002 and the actual honda PN is PH-749910. If you are going to be replacing all the O rings like I did you'll need 3 kits. The kits don't come with enough 3/8" O rings. You'll have alot of the 1/2" and 5/8" ones left. I THINK the O rings for the suction port may be a different size though. I think they are thicker than the standard 5/8" O rings. When I replaced my compressor a buddy of mine slipped me the package of O rings that come with a new type 1 compressor. Best bet may be to take the old compressor off, remove the suction port and take the seals in to be matched up. NAPA is usually the best place to go for special things like that.

AC439
06-10-2004, 09:51 AM
Thanks for the replies ! I do have the suction/discharge block off the old compressor. To my surprise, the block is made of two pieces and they can be separated. There are two more round o-rings (same size as the four between the block and the compressor body) and one "RECTANGULAR" ring. The rectangular one is measured 2 1/4" x 1 3/8". Does the Honda kit PH-749910 comes with this particular seal too?

Thanks.
- Alex

Vinny
06-10-2004, 10:10 AM
No it doesn't. And I don't beleive, through my research that that parts is available. Its no longer listed at Majestic or any of the other online sources I go through. That seal SHOULD already be on the reman compressor. The new compressor should just have a blockoff plate, or possible 2 plates covering where the suction fitting mounts to. All you should need is the 4 O rings between the suction fitting and compressor and 2 3/8" or possibly 1/2" O rings for the compressor lines. If thats all you plan on changing. Highly recommend changing the filter drier while you are at it, 2 more small O rings. Make sure you add oil to the compressor. And spin the clutch to circulate the oil. I think they recommend 10-15 full rotations counterclockwise. Take it in to have a vaccum pulled and reserviced and you should be good to go. Are you running r12 or 134a?

AC439
06-16-2004, 12:27 PM
Thanks for more info ! I did called Majestic and they told me that Honda dropped support on Denso compressors. They could not locate that rectangular seal either.

For the rectangular seal, I didn't see it at first; and I thought the 4 round o-rings are all I need (as well as the suction and discharge rings). But when I closely examine the manifold block, it can be separated into two pieces by a flat screw driver. After that, I can see two more round o-rings (same size as the four round ones) as well as the rectangular one. Since I can't get the rectangular one, I have to keep using it and ONLY replace those round ones.

Does the 16002 kit from Majestic Honda contains these round o-rings? What about the suction and discharge rings? Do I have to order them separate from kit 16002? If I need a total of 6 of those round rings on the block, do I need 2 sets of 16002 kit?

I also tried NAPA and a specialized A/C parts shop to no avail. And I'm planning to retrofit to R134a althought I'm 609 certified. R12 is too expensive and no where to be found !

Sorry about all these questions. Thanks !!
- Alex