PDA

View Full Version : what is it?

cbomb222
06-11-2004, 05:31 PM
I have a legacy amp and the protect button came on and cut it off. why does the button come on? why when I cut the car off the amp doesn't go off? :rockon:

HondaBoy
06-11-2004, 11:15 PM
that all depends on how you have it hooked up. i have my amp set up so only when the key is in and the head unit is on, it is activated. i ddi that by running the remote power wire to the stereo's fuse. there is a remote power wire on the head unit, but i cant get the head unit out so i havent hooked it up that way. the protection light may have come on because you've overloaded the amp in some way. if its like one of the amps i have, you may have screwed something up. one of the amps i have has the protection light on, it wont hold a fuse it just blows it, and it also smokes from the internal ground wire. my friend gave me that amp, i may work on it sometime. most of the time, i'll see people screw their amps up by not wiring them up properly or incorrectly connecting the speaker wires. maybe by bridging it wrong or something like that.

89dxowner
06-12-2004, 04:14 PM
lol Thats how I blew my wal-mart pos amp I bridged my subs lol and it fried it.

ivanfbi
06-13-2004, 12:45 AM
some amps overheat and turn off by themselves. I think you might run a thin power wire or check your setup, make sure everything is hooked up right. maybe it might be too stressed, cuz of too powerful subs. REMEMBER, legacy system overrate their products, so 1000W is actually like 350-400w.

ivanfbi
06-13-2004, 12:48 AM
Thats why I love my amp, Kenwood kac-929 it has a fan