PDA

View Full Version : Seat belt/door light issues

viking3099
06-12-2004, 12:22 PM
The seatbelt / door light refuses to turn off even though the doors are closed and seatbelts are being worn, also the sensor on the ceiling where the rear view mirror mounts also was buzzing away, i could not figure out what the problem was since the other indicator lights shut off and the switches on the doors are not jammed and work properly. I was wondering if there is another sensor that i may be over looking that is causing this problem.

viking3099
06-14-2004, 01:18 PM
Bump

AQcz
06-14-2004, 01:41 PM
The seatbelt / door light refuses to turn off even though the doors are closed and seatbelts are being worn

There are black L shaped plastic sensors with springs in them located on the car frame (when you have the doors open you can see them below the latch that the door closes into). I know that those control the senor for doors open below the gas/temp guage.

There must be another sensor that controls the seltbelt/door open box, just can't find it. Maybe it's in the lock itself? I'm having that problem slightly as well. Searched the forum, found a few people experiencing it but no answers as to where the sensor is so i'll be waiting on this one too...

BlueBead
06-14-2004, 01:48 PM
are any of the door-open indicators in your dash lit? sometimes the individual door sensors wear out or get stuck. same deal with the seatbelt sensor... or maybe your seatbelt buzzer module has crapped out.. check out this thread:
http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?t=26352&highlight=seatbelt+buzzer
there was one somewhere that explained how to modify the buzzer, but now I can't find it.. I'll keep looking I guess
Good luck!

viking3099
06-14-2004, 01:51 PM
The spring loaded door sensors are functioning normally, i wasn't able to find any other sensors either, because the seatbelt sensor on the dash seems to work fine, and so do the door sensors on the diagram of the car, it's just the one with the joint seatbelt/door light. I don't know... maybe someone can enlighten us. maybe there's a short somewhere, but i don't really know...

viking3099
06-14-2004, 01:56 PM
Thanks for the link bluebead, i did the search on the forums earlier and couldn't find anything, i'll check the sensor under the passenger seat for a possible short then.

BlueBead
06-14-2004, 02:14 PM
here's that other thread I was thinking of, but I don't know if it'll help you - In my hatch I don't have the seatbelt light up near the rearview like that. mine chime/beeper is under my cd player. After thinking about it a bit I think you're right to focus on the seatbelt sensor - If it was a door sensor one of the door indicators would be lit too. Anyways, I hope you find a cheap soln on this, and let us know when you do.- Luck!

AQcz
06-14-2004, 02:33 PM
I was thinking maybe it is the seatbelt sensor, well for my problem anyway but then I remembered this...

Sometimes I'll be driving and all of my sensors will be off. I hit a bump and the seat belt sensor comes on, but the door sensor is still off as the door is closed. If I pull the door a little bit (even though it's closed) the light usually goes back out.

Pulling the door makes the light go out so that's why I'm thinking it's another sensor somewhere.

I kept one door open with my seatbelt on and the black L sensor pressed down with my finger to do a test. The door sensor on the gas guage goes off, but the seatbelt sensor stays on until I close the door (viking3099 try this if you get a chance).

That's why I'm thinking maybe there is a sensor in the lock mechanism as well, I'm going to check under the seat though.

Thanks

AQcz
06-16-2004, 06:55 PM
Jus a update the sensor under the seat stops the noise/light when you disconnect it but that's about it. Doesn't help in identifying the prob. Anyway what does that sensor control besides the seatbelt light?

ag bullet
06-17-2004, 02:36 AM
Jus a update the sensor under the seat stops the noise/light when you disconnect it but that's about it. Doesn't help in identifying the prob. Anyway what does that sensor control besides the seatbelt light?

For me I get the door open chime if the car is running and I open the passenger door. The only way to turn it off is to restart the car. I too have played with the door switch, but to no avail. I have what looks like a light for the passenger seatbelt up near my rear view mirror. I never comes on full blast but dimly (I usually only see it at night). Where is the sensor under the seat? Maybe mine is just loose or something. Any insight regarding that chime and making it easier to turn off would be appreciated.

AQcz
06-17-2004, 04:19 AM
Where is the sensor under the seat?

Under the passenger seat there is a box with a cable running into it. Just disconnect that cable.

3rdgenlxi
06-18-2004, 11:36 AM
I know exactly what the problem is. i had the same thing. it is the sensor, but not the L shaped one. there is another sensor in the door itself, you have to adjust the striking bolt so that it's about 1/8 th of an inch further out (towards the outside of the body of the car. It's the U shaped thing on the body of the car. be careful though because, if you move it too much it's hard to align, so just loosen the screws and tap it abit with a screwdriver.

offthahook
06-18-2004, 11:51 AM
Coupe nation unite!!! I had this problem, too. If someone opened the pass. door, that damn alarm went off (by the mirror on the windshield) and I had to restart the car to stop the beep. I thought it was something in the seatbelt itself, but I never figured it out. I just took out the PCB under those 2 seatbelt lights and unsoldered the chime itself. Even if the person in the pass. seat was buckled... if they opened the door, I had to restart the car to get it to stop. Must be a common prob. for the coupes, but I don't think it's the L shaped door switch.

ag bullet
06-18-2004, 05:55 PM
I know exactly what the problem is. i had the same thing. it is the sensor, but not the L shaped one. there is another sensor in the door itself, you have to adjust the striking bolt so that it's about 1/8 th of an inch further out (towards the outside of the body of the car. It's the U shaped thing on the body of the car. be careful though because, if you move it too much it's hard to align, so just loosen the screws and tap it abit with a screwdriver.

SO that took care of the light staying on and/or the chime continuing to chime after the car was running and the door was opened?

Vinny
06-18-2004, 06:05 PM
nothing, thats the way the system is designed. Its reminds you that a doors ajar with the car running. My car does it too and I've checked every part in the system per the book and they all check good

AQcz
06-20-2004, 02:41 PM

I figured it was another sensor somewhere, just couldn't find it. I'll try what u said.

Thanks