PDA

View Full Version : ECU question

Strugglebucket
06-12-2004, 04:02 PM
Anyone know the difference between the KA(California emissions) ecu and the
KL(49 state emissions) ecu? 88-89.

Justin86
06-12-2004, 04:13 PM
I would think the US version accord would have the same ECU, other wise your oregon accord could never be registered in Cali. Kind of a incovience if you have to move. If there was a difference it would be something to help the 3G preform better with Cali gas. :dunno:

k-roy
06-12-2004, 06:51 PM
Usually the California model Honda ECU has a few less ponies due to some downtuning.
Its showing a differant part# in the catalog as well. Since you live in Cali you might as well stick with the ECU you got. Also the blackbox by the firewall with all the hoses coming out is differant, so if you swapped ECus you would need the other blackbox as well.

BITESIZE
06-12-2004, 08:21 PM
My car is cali emmissions. I swapped ecu's during the 5 speed swap and my car runs fine.......however i don't know if the new ecu is cali emmissions or not? sorry

Strugglebucket
06-12-2004, 09:42 PM
I actually just finished doing my 5-speed swap and that's partly why I'm asking.
I bought the tranny off of Bensaccord's 88 lxi and I got the ecu from him too ('88 lxi manual KL). What I'm running right now is the original ecu, an '89 lxi auto KA. I'm wondering what the differences are in how the ecu works.
Maybe I'm wrong but I remember reading somewhere that the pinouts on the '88 and '89 ecus are different?