PDA

View Full Version : should I? hell yea

NotFast
06-12-2004, 06:35 PM
Hey guyz i haven't been on much since i start working. I work at a Jaguar & Lotus dealership washing cars. I've been looking for some 3g's at car lots and found a 89 accord lxi that i'm seriously thinking about getting, the motor is strong, just needs some body work and other smalls things. I talked them down to $500. I want it, but don't know if i should wait for something better. Just wanted to have ya'lls opinion to talk me into getting it.

onemanlan
06-13-2004, 01:27 PM
Depends on the specs of the car.

NotFast
06-13-2004, 02:04 PM
the major things to replace are the windshield, sunroof glass, muffler, hood, might need a driver side window motor, it needs two door handles, but i'll shave them anyway, it drives perfect.

k-roy
06-13-2004, 02:10 PM
It all depends on if you want to invest the time and labor into it.
Im sure if you wait you can find something a little better, but its gonna cost ya.

NotFast
06-13-2004, 03:17 PM
I've been wanting a project for a while and now that i have the money, i think this car would be perfect. I could wait and get something better, but i could also work on this one and have it turn out cheaper then waiting to get another one.

HondaBoy
06-13-2004, 03:33 PM
well there's your answer man, you wanted a project car, you can buy it! $500 is a good deal even on a 3gee in bad condition. if you can do most of the work it needs yourself, i'd say go for it. even then, it sounds good. you can buy junk yard parts to fix it up. personally, i'd consider something like that. if the engine, transmission, suspension, and most electrical stuff is working good, go for it.

NotFast
06-13-2004, 04:59 PM
go for it.

I think i am, thanks for ur reply.

buzzbomber88lx
06-13-2004, 05:35 PM
project cars own......we just bought a 70 dart 318.... I hate cars that are not needing any work because you just wont have the same pride in it

Vanilla Sky
06-13-2004, 06:51 PM
my car was $550, and i've put about $750 into it, including the cost of the car... not too bad, $750 for a good running car

BlueBead
06-13-2004, 08:30 PM
I'm with you.. if it drives well, then all else is just a sugarcoating. Is it FI or carb? the parts you are looking for are all junkyard parts or maybe you should think about looking for a parts car w/ a blown engine. If you have room those are the best to have; then you can try out stupid ideas without wrecking your ride (see cvergi01....). Thats the best thing after a couple of brews..... when stupid ideas seem cool.
In any case, good luck!