PDA

View Full Version : Sold the accord

pimp_n87LXi
06-13-2004, 11:36 AM
I sold the accord yesterday and bought a 1987 Honda Prelude 2.0SI... Its in damn good shape. I paid $300 for it and the paint is pretty good, there is some surface rust but not much at all. It has new tires all the way around, good clutch and decent interior. Runs good but I'm gonna have to do some bottom end work because it has a slight knock. But thats no big deal because there are TONS of a20's around here I can get for dirt cheap but yeah I'm pretty happy. Its a zippy little car and I like the way they are geared also. But I'm still gonna be on this site I just dont have an accord anymore. Maybe one day I'll get another one

deadlight
06-13-2004, 11:56 AM
Meh, change isn't always a bad thing, I think you upgraded by choosing a 'lude. I love the Gen II Prelude's, if I could find one I'd snap it right up, looks like a 3gee...but better.

k-roy
06-13-2004, 01:12 PM
Quitter.

HondaBoy
06-13-2004, 03:41 PM
hey man, at least you got another Honda! good thing you didnt get some shitty neon or something like that. lol. lets see some pix of what you got! sounds pretty nice.

pimp_n87LXi
06-13-2004, 09:57 PM
Thats K-roys job. He'll take some pics of it tomorrow for me. He's also helping me adjust my valves and other odds and ends. Pics will be posted tomorrow

BlueBead
06-13-2004, 10:59 PM
let me know the $diff in insurance would ya?! I've been thinking of get a 'lude too.... I want the B20 and I'm too busy to spend the conversion time/effort
thx man

blazin3gen
06-13-2004, 11:01 PM
let me know the $diff in insurance would ya?! I've been thinking of get a 'lude too.... I want the B20 and I'm too busy to spend the conversion time/effort
thx man

ugh he didnt get the lude with the b20 he got the lude with the a20 yo

k-roy
06-14-2004, 12:08 AM
ugh he didnt get the lude with the b20 he got the lude with the a20 yo
Shit yea, I drove it tonite and damn, it was quicker than I thought. Faster than an 90Si that I drove a while back.

pimp_n87LXi
06-14-2004, 11:54 AM
Shit yea, I drove it tonite and damn, it was quicker than I thought. Faster than an 90Si that I drove a while back.
Yeah I walk inside and next thing I know I hear my car start up and I walk back outside and its gone, and then he comes back and he's like "dude, this thing shot up to 80 fast as shit".. It was funny.. But now its pissing me off it wont fucking start. I think there might be a hairline crack in the dizzy cap because it only does this shit when there is moisture outside so I dont know. I guess I'll figure it out if it ever quits raining. I'll get pics up eventually

buzzbomber88lx
06-14-2004, 02:28 PM
b21a1 in my dads 91si 4ws 5spd hauled some serious ass

BlueBead
06-14-2004, 03:11 PM
Yeah I walk inside and next thing I know I hear my car start up and I walk back outside and its gone, and then he comes back and he's like "dude, this thing shot up to 80 fast as shit".. It was funny.. But now its pissing me off it wont fucking start. I think there might be a hairline crack in the dizzy cap because it only does this shit when there is moisture outside so I dont know. I guess I'll figure it out if it ever quits raining. I'll get pics up eventually
You should return the favour when he gets his 'teg on the road.... as long as he doesn't kill you for it. $300 is a wicked price though, and it's still Honda.
My jag hates the rain.. stupid old school chevy-beast distributor... good luck getting yours going. I remember seeing an aerosol you can get that will dry your dist out even in the rain -I think its called wire-drier or something. I know it forces the moisture out of the distributor cap so that it won't short.

k-roy
06-14-2004, 03:15 PM
You should return the favour when he gets his 'teg on the road
There is only one person on this planet I would trust to drive that car and he is not it.
He is the best driver I know and he can handle a fast car, I'll give you a hint to what he has
EG H22 :)

deadlight
06-14-2004, 03:41 PM
So eh, what's the butt gauge reckon this car's capable of 1/4 wise?

k-roy
06-14-2004, 03:46 PM
So eh, what's the butt gauge reckon this car's capable of 1/4 wise?
Im gonna say mid 13s to be conservitive. I gotta kick his ass to go to a track. Thats the EG BTW.

On the Prelude maybe a mid to low 15, witch makes it quicker than most newer stock Honda's.
I think its even faster than the new Civic Si. That a car that was kinda disappointing.

We should go out to the local strip thursday night to get some accurate readings. But for some fucked up reason all I can find are 1/8th mile strips. Damn southerners.

deadlight
06-14-2004, 04:05 PM
Damn, mid-high 15's is better than I expected, if it hit a low 15 I would be amazed, I knew they were lighter and quicker than a 3gee, but I didn't expect the gearing and all to make that much of a difference, 15's is impressive for what it is to say the least. As for the H22A Civic, 13's isn't bad at all, is that on a stock H22A or with mods?