PDA

View Full Version : Big problem...

inflikti0n
06-13-2004, 06:58 PM
here goes... this girl i know got mad at me for leaving one day and she threw my car keys in her yard... they are nowhere to be found....my car is locked and i need to get the numbers that are in the steering column to get a new key made... i have heard that the numbers were also somewhere on the passenger door stops... just wondering if this is true so i wont have to break the steering column.. thanks in advance

Wood9669
06-13-2004, 08:26 PM
lol.
cant help ya but thats funny. :sad2:

blazin3gen
06-13-2004, 08:45 PM
lol nothin like a womans furry!

87AccordsterLx
06-13-2004, 09:16 PM
2 words... metal detector.

and

Get Therapy.

deadlight
06-13-2004, 09:20 PM
I wouldn't think you'd need any numbers, when I lost my keys to my 3gee I called up a locksmith, he came that same day and for 80 bucks got me a new key.

k-roy
06-13-2004, 09:29 PM
Ok punch out the rear lock, it will go back in if you are careful.
Then you can climb through and unlock the doors.
I had to do that on a friends Honda once.

njpeter
06-14-2004, 04:18 AM
the dealer should be able to supply a key, bring the vin # AND title AND twenty pieces of ID. Since the news stories about car thieves getting keys this way none of the local shops in NJ will do it now without you showing the title of the car.

everybody else good idea to write the key# on the title.

AccordEpicenter
06-14-2004, 04:49 PM
just get your vin and head to the dealership.... if no good then go to another honda dealership. If that doesnt work, break a window. Its easier to fix than a lock.

deadlight
06-14-2004, 04:58 PM
yeah, just break the cheapest glass in the car, which would probably be the rear triangular piece. Be very fucking careful! I have two scars on my arm, one of which I had to go the ER for because I sliced myself open getting into a Dodge Ram.

BlueBead
06-14-2004, 06:07 PM
Dude..... Locksmith!
Don't screw around; those guys can be in and out in seconds. Plus they have good cantacts and know what your best options are.
I always keep a spare key in my wallet.

Chubs87Accord
06-18-2004, 10:59 PM
yeah, just break the cheapest glass in the car, which would probably be the rear triangular piece. Be very fucking careful! I have two scars on my arm, one of which I had to go the ER for because I sliced myself open getting into a Dodge Ram.

um, hammer anyone? haha

..anyway, the numbers are on the lock cylinder for the trunk too, thats what i used to get another key made.. and its a hell of a lot easer than taking the ignition cylinder out of the steering wheel column out, just as long as you can get in your trunk..

if not try prying he door open with a plastic wedge (you may need a hammer to get it between the door enough,, stick the wedge in the top rear corner ot the door and wedge it in enough to make a space, get a blood pressure testing inflator doozer from a pharmacy, fold it accordingly, put in the space you made with the wedge and inflate it to help keep it open, move wedge further towards the front of the car car and open it more, repeat inflator bag process.. repeat both steps until you have enough of a space to stick something long and thick enough not to bend in to nudge the lock open..

i assure you it will work, and shouldnt bust the lock or door as long as you pry at the TOP of the door, and i know it works because ive done it before.. just dont use anything metal to pry it open and dont hit the car with whatever you use to bang the wedge in, scratches suck

88accordalltheway
06-18-2004, 11:43 PM
f all that about a lock smith and crap! Get a metal detector and find your damn keys!!!!

k-roy
06-18-2004, 11:54 PM
A vin# at the dealer will accomplish nothing. They only have computer records back to 92.
And Deadlight you would be suprised how much a rear quarter window can cost.

Hell if you call a locksmith to make a new key you might as well have em pick the lock.

Brentm
06-19-2004, 09:24 AM
mow the grass, and wait for the metal on metal sounds:D Shouldnt wreck the keys, but it might, so maybe dont try it.

bullard123
06-19-2004, 02:17 PM
Man if you can't find your keys, I'd go with a locksmith. Look in your phone book and shop around for the best bargain. Most of the time they are pretty reasonable. I don't know about breaking ya window though. It allows a oppurtunity for theives to break in.

Chubs87Accord
06-21-2004, 07:51 PM
:werd: go with my idea if you cant find the keys... unless youve already solved the problem, it has been a while

soljaboy2000
06-21-2004, 09:20 PM
I think you can pop the trunk by going through the fuel door. I think when open the fuel door you see a button that presses in to keep the door shut.....well if you pry it out carefully you should see the cable for the trunk and I think if you get clothes hanger or something to try pull the cable then the trunk pops open....I'm not sure cuz I never tried it before...but I heard thats one of the ways our cars are broken into.

A20A1
06-21-2004, 09:29 PM
Dude, just get a slim jim or something like the slim jim... just press on the lever and it opens the door...

If you need to see what you are doing then remove the window trim with a screw driver and you can get a clear view of the lock mechanism below.

ICEMAN707
06-21-2004, 10:49 PM
if you don't want damage done to your car at all, i say just call a locksmith. they range usually from $60-$80. they have a device that they stick into the keyhole and they use that to make a new key out of. they have a key grinder/maker in their vehicles and in just a few minutes you got yourself a new key. simple as that.

MIK3
06-21-2004, 11:11 PM
I say get the damn girl to find her your keys, or sue. Heh. If anyone did that to my car, I'd have them pinned to the ground wishing they never did that...