PDA

View Full Version : throttle noise in sub

AccordArizona89
06-13-2004, 07:06 PM
well ever sense i took out my system when i left to hawaii and put it back in i can hear the throttle thru the sub. someone was tellin me u need a capacitor or somethin like that? anyone know? thx

MrBen
06-13-2004, 07:16 PM
Well for starters did you run the ground wire and power wire and remote seperately? As in on separate sides of the car?

Vanilla Sky
06-13-2004, 07:21 PM
you're picking up noise from the alternator, known as alternator whine... make sure your have a better ground, and seperate your line level wires from your power wires... but i thought you could run the power wire and the PTO wire together... anyways, most of the noise is from what i listed up there

AccordArizona89
06-14-2004, 04:02 PM
alright thanks sky for the help ill go check it out

AccordEpicenter
06-14-2004, 04:51 PM
you need an upgraded battery to chassis ground and a chassis to engine ground. Where is your ground located for the amp? Poor grounding or ground loops cause 99% of the noise, the rest is usually crappy rcas or crappy amp or hu.

catalin
06-14-2004, 09:08 PM
Or make sure that there's a low pass xover working somewhere since it will filter out high frequecies. Engine noise (what your hearing) is a frequency higher than your should be reproducing.