PDA

View Full Version : NEW stock carb???? Yes or No?

soljaboy2000
06-13-2004, 08:31 PM
Okay my car is still not working and I still dont have a clue whats wrong with so now I'm replacing every part that I can physically remove with a new one regardless if its broke or not until I go broke $$ :sad2:
And now imma about to dump $400 on new stock carb. So....is that a good idea and will it problably solve some of my problems?? And also do I need to adjust it?? and if so, how???

dXsquared
06-13-2004, 08:46 PM
first check for fuel flow with car cranking.... if its good.. check spark... if thats good.. check compression... if thats good... get a weber from A20A1

Travis

k-roy
06-13-2004, 09:31 PM
Hell no don't get a new stock carb. At worst rebuild yours.

Vanilla Sky
06-13-2004, 10:14 PM
if you're set on a new carb, go weber... it's cheaper than a rebuilt stocker, and is a half-decent performance UPGRADE

BlueBead
06-13-2004, 11:29 PM
I'm with those guys....... don't replace - UPGRADE!
I think you need someone who knows the 3gs to help you out. I'm sure any one of us would be happy to come and help you if you flew us out there....... j/k
go for the weber at least man; if all else fails at least you have better performance, and you can spend the money on something else
Good luck!

A20A1
06-14-2004, 01:18 AM
If you want I can ship out my guages and efi throttle body to CAROTMAN then he's going to send me a stock manifold and carburetor... I still haven't goten around to doing it though. Oh I still have the weber and no one has paid for it yet... I thought poscarb was going to buy it if he doesn't then you can buy mine for 75 and then get and adapter plate for $50 or I can try to hack up the one I have now to get rid of the spacer...