PDA

View Full Version : Please Help!!!

rideredorgohome
06-15-2004, 07:27 PM
There is no more noble ride than a 3g Accord-however they have one flaw. They eat themselves to death with rust!!! So here I am asking all 3g fans to help me out on this project. Since I am not the richest of peeps, I need to know if I can fix this myself with a little elbow grease and a small sum of dough. Body shops want like $500 a side to fix this, and I don't have that kind of loot to spend. I have done some minor body work on my own before like sanding, priming and repainting, but do you guuys think I have any hope in tackling this? I need your best advice before my car completely self destructs!!!! :sadwave: :sadwave: :sadwave:

http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/marsinlondon/detail?.dir=/da48&.dnm=7cc1.jpg

Vinny
06-15-2004, 07:29 PM
link no workie

rideredorgohome
06-15-2004, 07:33 PM
link no workie

The link works now, check it out!

dXsquared
06-15-2004, 07:37 PM
thats fuck all!

i had huge holes and now they be gone... a little metal fab and some welder adn bondo makes a car look new again...

you dont seem to have any big holes... take a scraper (screwdriver) and peel all the paint away and let us see some metal... thats the only way to see what to fix.. get it down to metal... even if its a much bigger mess, at least you know what you need to do

Travis

BlueBead
06-15-2004, 07:51 PM
I'm with travis on this one: get the paint off, get the rust cut out, weld some new metal in, and then rust primer, bondo, and repaint. Don't forget to use the rust primer... you don't want to do this again. A good brand I've used is called rust killer.
You should get a book on this shit, it'll help alot. Good luck