PDA

View Full Version : New Lip and C-pillar bar!

BITESIZE
06-15-2004, 09:34 PM
Blam!!!!!!!!!!! New carpet, lip, and c-pillar bar biotches!!!!! :deal:

http://memimage.cardomain.com/member_images/7/web/379000-379999/379742_133_full.jpg

http://memimage.cardomain.com/member_images/7/web/379000-379999/379742_134_full.jpg

Here's the old carpet! Nasty!!! Underneath is the new carpet!

http://memimage.cardomain.com/member_images/7/web/379000-379999/379742_135_full.jpg

During the process!

http://memimage.cardomain.com/member_images/7/web/379000-379999/379742_143_full.jpg

http://memimage.cardomain.com/member_images/7/web/379000-379999/379742_140_full.jpg

And a sneak peak of my new carpet (still in the works), oh,,,,, and where did the back seat go?

http://memimage.cardomain.com/member_images/7/web/379000-379999/379742_139_full.jpg

http://memimage.cardomain.com/member_images/7/web/379000-379999/379742_136_full.jpg

And my bolted in box and amp!!!!

http://memimage.cardomain.com/member_images/7/web/379000-379999/379742_138_full.jpg

Did you know you can fit an 8 foot X 4 foot piece of particle board in your hatchy?

http://memimage.cardomain.com/member_images/7/web/379000-379999/379742_141_full.jpg

:rofl:

Nospeed
06-15-2004, 10:12 PM
nice job on the carpet work...how hard was it? lookin good overall

BITESIZE
06-15-2004, 10:14 PM
Facking hard, been working on it here and there for about 3 weeks. Hard but worth it.

ICEMAN707
06-16-2004, 03:53 AM
why didn't you get the premolded replacement carpets? i could imagine that would be a pain in the ass to fit into the contours of the floor seamlessly.

PortugalFocus
06-16-2004, 05:06 AM
why didn't you get the premolded replacement carpets? i could imagine that would be a pain in the ass to fit into the contours of the floor seamlessly.

Exactly, I'd be affraid it would bunch up in sections and not fit correctly. But great progress on it so far.

k-roy
06-16-2004, 05:16 AM
Did you know you can fit an 8 foot X 4 foot piece of particle board in your hatchy?
Thats not really all the way in, but oh well.
Lookin good man.
How exactly does that C Pillar Bar attach? Sorry if that is a dumb question, I don't have a 3G hatch.

Vinny
06-16-2004, 05:18 AM
Wow thats the best fitting clothes hanger I have seen in an accord. Much nicer than those black plastic ones that fall down all the time when you stop and stuff :D

HostileJava
06-16-2004, 06:00 AM
Wow thats the best fitting clothes hanger I have seen in an accord. Much nicer than those black plastic ones that fall down all the time when you stop and stuff :D

I have to concur, it does look much nicer then those plastic ones, I bet you could even hang wet clothes from it, open the hatch, and let dry them while you drive. :lol:

Carpet does look really good though.

88accordalltheway
06-16-2004, 06:07 AM
is that house carpet you used? :kekeke:

cdscowboy
06-16-2004, 06:40 AM
How'd you get the carpet to mold so well? Looks great man, I'll have to see it next time I come out! (which is the weekend after this!)

BITESIZE
06-16-2004, 08:07 AM
No one makes a carpet kit that goes from the passenger's feet to the back of the hatch, so i had to use normal carpet. Fit alot better than i expected. The c pillar bar bolts on where the seat belts were. Next is redoing my door panels.

i.c.
06-16-2004, 08:13 AM
nice man.....i wish my interior was that tan color....

DanLXI88
06-16-2004, 08:22 AM
Good Work Bitesize!

86LXItooFAST4me
06-16-2004, 08:30 AM
you still didnt take that damn roof rack off yet :D

erics86dx
06-16-2004, 08:30 AM
hella nice lookin, kudos!

NXRacer
06-16-2004, 09:45 AM
what exactly is that pillar bar for? I dont see how its gonna help in handling. Its not connected to anywhere that will provide support for the suspension. . . . . .

carpet looks good.

86LXItooFAST4me
06-16-2004, 10:11 AM
what exactly is that pillar bar for? I dont see how its gonna help in handling. Its not connected to anywhere that will provide support for the suspension. . . . . .

carpet looks good.

i didnt want to say anything but i was thinking the same damn thing, WTF is its purpose?

Vinny
06-16-2004, 10:19 AM

carpet looks good.

Suspension freaks and handling guru's have debated the use of pillar bars as long as they have been around. Alot of experts don't believe they serve a true purpose because the part of the body they attatch to doesnt have that much flexing in it. They are best used in conjuntion with a 4 angle appraoch, such as in conjunction with a strut bar and lower tie bars

blazin3gen
06-16-2004, 10:53 AM
Facking hard, been working on it here and there for about 3 weeks. Hard but worth it.

how in the fack did u mold it?? lol

looks good so far man soo damn sweet! (just loose that damn roof rack damnit) :rockon: :

NXRacer
06-16-2004, 11:09 AM
dont knock the roof rack. It looks good.

unc25
06-16-2004, 11:56 AM
Where did you get the damn pillar bar?

Like Vin was saying I think it would cetainly help in conjunction with upper and lower strut and tie bars.

A20A1
06-16-2004, 12:15 PM
How is that bar held on?

I like the thick carpet... I need to re-re-re-re-redo my carpet... in my previous attempts I'd work one of the 4 corners of the interior at a time... like front passenger side instead of doing one big carpet... it looks like it formed up nicely though.

HostileJava
06-16-2004, 12:22 PM
I can see how it would prevent body roll, but it's not really helping where it's real important, you need it to prevent the tranfer to the chassis, I would think since you have most the interior out anyway a full rollcage would be much better.

Forgar_88
06-16-2004, 01:08 PM
Hey Bitesize, how much did it cost? I gotta do the same thing to mine and need something to go by... looks good in there on yours. Also i wanna take a look at it sometime, when ya in spokane next?

buzzbomber88lx
06-16-2004, 01:52 PM
No one makes a carpet kit that goes from the passenger's feet to the back of the hatch, so i had to use normal carpet. Fit alot better than i expected. The c pillar bar bolts on where the seat belts were. Next is redoing my door panels.
ACC(auto custom carpets) should make a kit for your car...they make one for the sedan...also about that c pillar bar, it wont do anything good for the car...the only way to stiffen up the chassis/suspension is to brace the strut mounts....it might stiffen up the top of the car and prevent a little body roll much like a roll cage/floor bars/subframe connectors do, but it wont stiffen up the suspension at all and wont really improve handling.

AccordArizona89
06-16-2004, 03:13 PM
make a how to on carpet! PLEASE

carfreak
06-16-2004, 03:33 PM
where do you get those lips at too?

88accordhb
06-16-2004, 05:21 PM
i don't see how pillar bar would stablize the car, it's attach to the chasis not the struts. ummm like won't it sway with the car if it's just floating in the air? any ways, good work bitesize! nice carpet, looks like a house.

ICEMAN707
06-16-2004, 07:12 PM
No one makes a carpet kit that goes from the passenger's feet to the back of the hatch, so i had to use normal carpet. Fit alot better than i expected.

hmm funny i thought all model 3geez use the same carpet since the floors are all the same. i look at my Sei coupe's and my Lxi sedan's carpet and it's identically similar and interchangeable. except for the plastic clasps on the edges for the door jams where the sedan has 4 and the coupe has 2 long ones. i dunno about the hatch, but i'm sure the floor dimensions/shapes are exactly the same as the coupe's too.

lightbulblxi
06-16-2004, 07:16 PM
nice man, u should take a pic of it without the roof rack to shut every one up. i like it. and thats all that matters right? :D

Vinny
06-16-2004, 07:41 PM
ACC(auto custom carpets) should make a kit for your car...they make one for the sedan...also about that c pillar bar, it wont do anything good for the car...the only way to stiffen up the chassis/suspension is to brace the strut mounts....it might stiffen up the top of the car and prevent a little body roll much like a roll cage/floor bars/subframe connectors do, but it wont stiffen up the suspension at all and wont really improve handling.
hmm funny i thought all model 3geez use the same carpet since the floors are all the same. i look at my Sei coupe's and my Lxi sedan's carpet and it's identically similar and interchangeable. i dunno about the hatch, but i'm sure the floor dimensions/shapes are exactly the same too.

OK heres what you guys are missing. .

Point is HE TOOK OUT HIS BACK SEAT. So the carpet needed to be a custom job. Stock replacement carpet DOES NOT cover the area under the seat. He had to do a custom job because with no rear seat any pre fab carpet would have left a bare spot where the seat was. ALSO...... On the hatch the rear/trunk are carpeting attatches to the back seat, which folds down. Same setup as on the sedan, not sure how the coupe works, don't care. With no rear seat the factory rear/trunk area carpet has nothing to attatch itself to.

Magny
06-16-2004, 07:41 PM

no one makes the full length carpet, just gotta get the new pre-molded carpet kit and just attach from the end of it where it tucks under the seat and get a carpet to stretch from there on. I am about to get a replacement carpet in too, but since I am making a custom enclosure in the works, I aint gonna order it until my enclosure is done foaming up, sealing, hardened, shaped, formed with fiberglass (sheets not shreaded) to make it smooth, primered, painted, and clearcoated. check out my thread in the accord audio section about this.

ICEMAN707
06-16-2004, 07:49 PM
yes, i see that he took out his back seat. you can always add carpet there from then on. im assumining that's what the fiberboard is for is to make a custom carpeted floorboard cover for the backseat and trunk area. that's what i would do. maybe raise the floorboards about 4 inches so you can hide amps, cd changers, capacitors, equalizers, etc. under there with plexiglass windows so you can see them...probably add some neon too. that's my suggestion.

but anyways, im talking about why didn't he use the molded carpet for the FLOOR. woulda done a cleaner job, but if he can pull it off without any wrinkles, then kudos. he saved some money since molded carpets are usually around $150-$200 depending on type of carpet material you choose.

plus, generic house carpet usually doesn't have a rubber backing to prevent spills from soaking in and rusting the floor pan over time.

BITESIZE
06-16-2004, 10:37 PM
But it would look like shit with the carpet ending and rebeginning at the front of the back seat.

BTW, carpet only costed $10 at a carpet warehouse. And it's not done ya facking haters.

As for my thoughts on the project....I've left the edges of the carpet untied down for about 3 weeks, tby nature the smeltering heat outside has helped it's molding into place. It has been turning out easier and better than i had thought it would.

Magny
06-17-2004, 07:03 AM
But it would look like shit with the carpet ending and rebeginning at the front of the back seat.

Not if it was done right, like how the pro's do it to mend carpets together in homes. Dont think that the carpet in your house is one giant piece, cause they dont make them like that. they are cut pieces mended together with a special glued tape underneath the seams. they use a special type of iron to slide between the two and melt the glue on the tape. once they are mended together, they use a carpet scuffer so it will make it look like one piece, best thing to do IMO.

Vinny
06-17-2004, 07:05 AM
And it's not done ya facking haters.

I aint a hater, I really like the carpet and I am definitely feelin love for the clothes rack.

SteveDX89
06-17-2004, 07:17 AM
I can see how it would prevent body roll, but it's not really helping where it's real important, you need it to prevent the tranfer to the chassis, I would think since you have most the interior out anyway a full rollcage would be much better.

How does it prevent body roll? It's not connected to the suspension at all. The bar moves with the body. If he goes around a corner, the body moves, the bar moves. The only that is doing is prevent his hatch opening from being crushed together. That doesn't usually happen so the bar is useless. Just less visibilty when he's looking out the back.

On another note, the carpet looks great.

ivanfbi
06-17-2004, 09:47 AM
I aint a hater, I really like the carpet and I am definitely feelin love for the clothes rack.
haha, BTW Bitesize, come to my house, I need the same thing on my car as well

adams86lxi
06-17-2004, 10:11 AM
damn! looks good so far!

MoonScryer
06-17-2004, 11:32 AM
OK if the stuff in the hatch was still in place, I'd say bar looks odd, but I guess I like it given you took everything out. Probably more form than function but that is ok.

Have you thought about fiberglassing a box up for your subs? Maybe one on each side of the hatch area behind the wheel wells? I just think perhaps it would look better, looks being something you obviously are going to great lengths on for the car. I just find the grey box sitting in the middle of nowhere like that jaring to the eye.

HostileJava
06-17-2004, 12:20 PM
How does it prevent body roll? It's not connected to the suspension at all. The bar moves with the body. If he goes around a corner, the body moves, the bar moves. The only that is doing is prevent his hatch opening from being crushed together. That doesn't usually happen so the bar is useless. Just less visibilty when he's looking out the back.

On another note, the carpet looks great.

No the way it's mounted it looks like it will prevent some bodyroll, but it doesn't really matter since the flexing at the top of the car doesn't really transfer to the suspension.

BITESIZE
06-17-2004, 10:09 PM
Fiberglassing some subs in the back would be titties, but i don't know how to do that just yet...key word....yet. :)

As for the bar, it does help while cornering, not much, but it still makes a differance.