PDA

View Full Version : Update: My Car Sings "I Will Survive!"

MIK3
06-16-2004, 09:20 PM
Well I just got word that I will definitley be keeping my Accord. I found out that my parents are willing to get the transmission rebuilt as well as rebuild my carburetor. I'm so happy. I'd much rather have this happen then look for a new vehicle for many reasons...

1.) I know this car like the back of my hand, I know every single maintanance thing that has been done to it, when they happened, and how much it cost. This will be all gone with another car, for sure.

2.) I will not have to spend any money for a newer car, which means I will not have to pay higher insurance prices as well

3.) I don't have to give up the Accord. It was my grandfathers for 6 months, when he bought it brand new, before he died. 16 years later, I must carry on what he left to his wife (my grandmother).

4.) This will give me a chance to save up for a bike when I want one down the road. With a newer car and the costs that come with it, I'd mine as well throw the idea of a bike out the window.

5.) I will have more time to do everything I ever wanted to do to the accord...which is converting it back to as if it was straight from the assembly line.

6.) I won't have to say goodbye to my first vehicle so soon. I plan on keeping it through college now.

7.) One more reason to keep hanging around THE BEST DAMN SITE ON THE WEB!

I'll tell you right now, I am one happy man.

od2681
06-16-2004, 09:25 PM
yeah same couple of reasons ive strayed away from changing cars....i know the car like the back of my hand...good to see some people stickin with the 3g...lot of people are movin on

Bloodlust
06-16-2004, 09:25 PM
Thats cool you're keeping it man. Don't be a sellout!! :D

MrBen
06-16-2004, 09:29 PM
Awesome! After driving a friends '86 Chevy Spectrum (Geo) I have learned to appreciate the true worth of the 3g Accord, and how advanced it was in it's time compared to other cars. Even now.

BlueBead
06-16-2004, 09:35 PM
Good choice man! although I'd think about small performance mods, but thats just me

MIK3
06-16-2004, 09:37 PM
Exactly, I can not wait to show everyone here at 3geez.com if it's still around when I'm done with college how far I have come with my car. I'm glad I've made this decision with the ol' folks. I feel it was the right decision, and have a strong feeling it'll soon pay off.

Vanilla Sky
06-17-2004, 02:00 AM
the reasons you kept your car is the reasons i bought another 3gee... that and the massive amount of parts i have laying around

keruhas184
06-17-2004, 05:12 AM
Amen to that. I never want to see the day when our beautiful cars disappear from the road. That's why I'm also taking my girl to the her very end, and I hope that's not soon. :)

MIK3
06-17-2004, 03:05 PM
Hey. Our cars have lasted 15-18 years so far. I say let's have them do 15-18 more years! Heh. Long live the 3rd Generation Accord.

i.c.
06-17-2004, 03:26 PM
lol......am i a sellout even if i still own the car and its sitting in my yard?

od2681
06-17-2004, 04:38 PM
Hey. Our cars have lasted 15-18 years so far. I say let's have them do 15-18 more years! Heh. Long live the 3rd Generation Accord.
lets have a toast to that...to 15 or more years

MIK3
06-17-2004, 08:28 PM
:cheers:

Cheers to that. Haha. I can't wait until this all gets started and goes down. I will cherish my 3gee like never before.

Brentm
06-17-2004, 08:50 PM
honda should make a "tribute accord" that is a brand spanking new V6 model of the 3g, make the hatch, 2dr 4dr and the aerodeck, if you own a 3gen then you get one of these new bad boys for free.

od2681
06-17-2004, 09:18 PM
honda should make a "tribute accord" that is a brand spanking new V6 model of the 3g, make the hatch, 2dr 4dr and the aerodeck, if you own a 3gen then you get one of these new bad boys for free.
here here....but the chance of that happening is the same as a snowball not melting in hell....

wprocomp
06-17-2004, 09:23 PM
yeah then honda can make a commercial of me and OD racing our hatches.....*gives evil stare at ace* heheh

od2681
06-17-2004, 09:24 PM
you knwo what would be better..honda takes every ones cars on this website...and race tunes em...by mugen or somethin....now that would be kick ass..what like 500 race prepped 3geez's..lol...then we can put those stickers that say ...mugen

88accordalltheway
06-17-2004, 11:48 PM
..then we can put those stickers that say ...mugen
or we can jsut be like this fag and put the stickers on anyway......
http://www.ricecop.com/viewpic.php?picture=kfc5.jpg

my86dx4dr
06-17-2004, 11:50 PM
or we can jsut be like this fag and put the stickers on anyway......
http://www.ricecop.com/viewpic.php?picture=kfc5.jpg
lol true,

glad to here the accord will live on!! :cool:

MIK3
06-18-2004, 04:32 PM
Yeah. Now that I found out I'm keeping my accord for at least 2-3 more years, I just might take a shot at some minor performance parts. Probably one of my first mods will be a Weber. This is about a year or so down the road though. Heh. First, before any performance parts ( I only have a K&N filter, NGK Power-V spark plugs for now), I'm going to make this car look as stock as possible, and brand new looking. Woo hoo!