PDA

View Full Version : Does the sedans weight make a major difference...

onemanlan
06-17-2004, 09:59 AM
...in performance? My friend has stressed to me not to get a sedan beceause they are 'very heavy' in his words. I might have a chance to get a very good cheap sedan LX-i headed my way that has new clutch, resurfaced fly wheel, new injectors, and very well upkept. I was wondering if his words would be true, or close to it, because I would like to tune this car up.

Plus, when doing mods, like taking off the molding and resurfacing it, or priming the car up for painting how much do the extra doors get in the way?

k-roy
06-17-2004, 11:03 AM
Very heavy my ass, no offense but your friend is an idiot.
If you find a decent deal on a sedan go for it.

LXI Coupe 2646 lbs
LXI Hatch 2650 lbs
LXI Sedan 2685 lbs

Wow a 39 pound differance. Holy crap thats a lot. If you want I can show you how to shave that weight, plus a little more.
what are 3rd-gen Dimensions/Weights ? (http://3geez.com/showthread.php?t=9293)

SteveDX89
06-17-2004, 11:35 AM
That's 5 speed weight. LX-i sedan with auto tranny is 2734 lb.

EDIT - Don't mind my worthless posting. Missed the clutch part.

Gregg86DX
06-17-2004, 12:35 PM
...Plus, when doing mods, like taking off the molding and resurfacing it, or priming the car up for painting how much do the extra doors get in the way?

dude, you crack me up! If you are worried about the extra effort from two more doors when prepping a car for paint, you should not be painting cars!

Seriously, buy a coupe, HB or sedan because of styling or convenience. There just ain't enough difference to worry about anything else.

onemanlan
06-17-2004, 10:11 PM
dude, you crack me up! If you are worried about the extra effort from two more doors when prepping a car for paint, you should not be painting cars!

Seriously, buy a coupe, HB or sedan because of styling or convenience. There just ain't enough difference to worry about anything else.

Glad I could give you the laugh. You seem like you need it Mr. Uptight.

Seriously, thanks guys for your input.

my86dx4dr
06-17-2004, 11:44 PM
Very heavy my ass, no offense but your friend is an idiot.
If you find a decent deal on a sedan go for it.

LXI Coupe 2646 lbs
LXI Hatch 2650 lbs
LXI Sedan 2685 lbs

wow, didnt know that! :)

Busted_Blue
06-18-2004, 10:28 AM
isnt that like minimum weight? most of our cars are at least 50-100lbs more due to stuff in the car but anyway the 3rd gen accord is a light vehicle in any form.

i feel like going to a weight station to see how heavy my car actually is.

DeathRat
06-18-2004, 10:39 PM
I've got a Sedan & I can tell you it's weight is NOT a factor! It's what you do under the hood that is!