PDA

View Full Version : sorry to talk about old shi$

pixiesfan78
06-17-2004, 08:40 PM
so i finally broke down and ordered a short ram ive had the civic box for months just lazy. anyhow i just went through all the old short ram threads and the one thing thats not real clear is the adapters everybody is using i know mindloss used door trim but what are some other methods you guys have used? having the screen all floating there on the screws is not to appealing to me. ide like to do it cleaner if possible.also anbody ever though of modding the box to make it more low profile?like cut the bottom out and fiberglass a new lower bottom onto the box. i dont know how well glass holds up to heat though.what are your thoughts on the idea? oh also i used a dremal and smoothed all the plastic walls and screw mounting holes for that little metal thing basiclly i smoothed the entire inside of the airbox for better flow i dont know if anyone talked about that or not.just some shit i was thinking about cause nobody ever posts in carbtech anymore. laters :rice:

A20A1
06-17-2004, 10:15 PM
I post in carb tech... anyways, just make sure when making the new base for the air box that it doesn't interfer with the float screw or choke levers...

k-roy
06-17-2004, 10:23 PM
Hey I post in carb tech too.
I used some door trim off a junkyard 3G for the seal.

pixiesfan78
06-18-2004, 07:09 PM
whats up guys i new both of you would jump all over this when i said that. hey sean how come everybody says they cant get ahold of you all i did was make a post and there you are.k-roy im glad to see your still kicking around in carbtech. anyhow what about fiberglass holding up to the heat.plus i was looking at it it would be difficult to get the proper shape out of fleece that would be a hard mold to desighn imo. there may be an easyer solution i know alot of guys have built there own custom air boxes out of alluminum or whatever maybe some people could post a pic or two up here of thier custom airboxes.

pixiesfan78
07-09-2004, 10:33 PM
bump.i used the rubber gasket from the stock air box. i cut it in half around the groove it came out very thin and of course a perfect fit.oops i called mike sean in the previous post and what the hell was i talking about post airbox pics up here man i must have been baked that night.:dunno: