PDA

View Full Version : Insurance Questions

Wood9669
06-18-2004, 02:59 PM
This is a question for you guys who have probably had several cars and know about the insurance costs.
Right now im under my parents insurance (17) and they got 2 cars and i got my 89 lxi. im selling my 89 lxi and im 99% sure i want a '91 prelude SI
questions:

1. does the 4WS model increase insurance? if so, how much?
2. do things such as 4 wheel disc and ABS decrease insurance?
3. roughly how much more is it for a 91 prelude SI vs 89 accord lxi? (i think right now my insurance is like just under $2k / yr? is that about right?)

thanks in advance

p.s. yes i know about the progressive online quotes but they give some bad numbers it seems like..

cvergi01
06-18-2004, 04:49 PM
1) no
2) disc - no, abs - yes
3) the cost will only go up if you have comprehensive / collision ( if the company is going to fix your car in case of an accident) If you have liability only (company only covers other vehicle/people, the rest is up to you) they don't care what you drive as long as it isn't high performance.

and unless you have full covg ( liability, underinsured motorist, personal injury protection, comp, coll) then yes, you are paying too much.

And who is your insurance carrier? I sell insurance in duvall, you should have your parents call me...see if it's cheaper. Never hurts

R U goin to the meet in canada?

ivanfbi
06-18-2004, 04:56 PM
don't forget, prelude- sport , accord- no

Wood9669
06-18-2004, 07:07 PM
thanks

'bout the meet in canada--thinkin bout it.

id have to get a new car by then cuz i dont wanna put more miles on my car. even tho it runs great its on the 200k line and some people dont trust hondas at 200k even tho it could go another 200k.. but if i got a new car its either 91 lude si, 92 teg gs, 89 accord se-i.. so chances are i wouldnt have an accord, and would be wierd showin up to 3geez meet w/ 91 lude? :sad2:

edit: goin thru pemco right now. my dads not a shoparound type of guy even tho iv told him 1000 times that i have friends driving celicas and comaros paying less than me driving a 16 year old accord.

cvergi01
06-20-2004, 03:59 PM
lol, he's probably got someone that he's been with for years