PDA

View Full Version : It's alive!!!!!!!!!!!!!.......Barely :(

soljaboy2000
06-18-2004, 08:25 PM
Okay....... thanks to A20A1 for the spare Distributor I able to determine the cause of my car not starting.....But since his dizzy was for F/I I think....I had a plug with no where to hook it up to. Well anyways the car showed power bucause it would start but very very shaky and then cut off. So I came to a conclusion about my old dizzy...I replaced cap and rotor on it but not the Electronic Ignition Control Unit (in the pic below) I remebered when I tested it according to the hanes it was showing a resistance of over 20K ohms and in the manual its supposed to be 1.1-3K ohms. But at first I didn't think nothing of it and plus this little piece was about $185 at the auto store (Checkers)!!!!!! WTF!! thats about the price for a new dizzy. Okay...since I got off work early today I went to the junk yard to find as many parts that will fit in my tool box. :cool: I picked up the two original plugs that go the stock coil, and I also picked the Igniton control unit....When I got home I tested the control unit and it was reading 2.5-2.8K ohms...big difference huh. I replaced the old one and put this inside my old dizzy and reinstalled it along with the stock coil just in case......I turned the key and it started and revved high as usual (cold start) but............................................... .................................................. ....................... after 4-7 secs it shuts off...and a mist shoots from the carb with a short sound like "psss" as if something was under pressure... and also it has loud abnormal whistling sound when its running for those couple seconds.....You guys have any idea what could it be???
http://www.partsamerica.com/product_images/img/BAR/BAR1800029.jpg

A20A1
06-18-2004, 10:12 PM
I might have a spar igniter laying around... replace you top hat gasket.

I wonder if your valves are working properly?

soljaboy2000
06-18-2004, 11:03 PM
OK I found the problem...it was a loose hose....but it still runs rough but it does not stall (knock on wood) I went to like three checkers a while back for the gasket but they do not have it. They have carburetor kits its for single barrel only ...They pretty much dont have any parts for my type of carb. If you know where I could get one I'd really appreciate it. I might try to drive to your house tomorrow if I think its good enough so you can check it out if thats okay with you. Also imma return your dizzy just case you might need it for other stuff.