PDA

View Full Version : Another Alternate Tail Light Idea

HondaBoy
06-20-2004, 01:36 PM
ok, i'd already planned on doing supra style tails for my 3gee. i'd make some to fit where the originals go, so no body work. this is also true for the new idea. no body work needed. i thought i could make up something for the center on the trunk lid. all of this will be done with a plexiglass lense, so there are endless things to do. i thought instead of the 4 lights on each side of the tail light assembly as i had first planned, i could go with 2 bigger round lights in the outer tail light, and the part that goes on the trunk lid be reserved only for the back up lights. and to clean it up, make a long lense to go the length of the trunk lid. i could make it where the license plate is covered, but still visible behind the lense. that could be pretty good because i dont have to change the plates but every 7 years which this year i already changed them. anyway, i think i better draw up some pix or something because last time y'all didnt understand what i was talking about with the supra style tails. here's a pic of the supra style tails i did with some paper just for an idea a while back.
http://memimage.cardomain.com/member_images/11/web/347000-347999/347392_137_full.jpg

88accordhb
06-20-2004, 02:09 PM
ummm since i have a hatch, i'd much rather have the sick stock one, but with an 86/87 sedan, i'd do that, looks better imo, more distinct. tho stock isn't bad either.

HondaBoy
06-20-2004, 04:00 PM
true, but its very much so, well, common! on the hatch, it has the blinker light right on the corner. i think i'll do mine that way instead of a round light. it would probley look better, i dunno. i'm going to draw some pix of differnt stuff. dont know when i'll do that though, but i'll post it up when i'm done. i was also thinking of eliminating the spot on the trunk lid where the license plate goes and make a place for it on the bumper. or i could wait and do it on the body kit somewhere since i'm going to have to fix the crack on the fiberglass. i'll see about that though.

unc25
06-20-2004, 04:07 PM
I saw a pic a while back of a htach that had stock tails but they were "cleared" except for the little red square in them. I have been trying to get a hold of a cheap set to tyr and clear them out as well, but I was wondering if anyone has any pics of those? These were hatchback tails not the sedan tails.

sporkHSP
06-20-2004, 04:37 PM
If i had the time, id finally do these, nothing fancy, just some tinting...
http://memimage.cardomain.com/member_images/2/web/434000-434999/434603_40_full.jpg

bullard123
06-20-2004, 05:43 PM
Man you have a 2.0 SI! Thats the first I've seen. Do yiou have any pics of your engine? Just curious to know what changes that model has. By the way I think thost tails would look nice if you can pull that off.

buzzbomber88lx
06-20-2004, 06:05 PM
Man you have a 2.0 SI! Thats the first I've seen. Do yiou have any pics of your engine? Just curious to know what changes that model has. By the way I think thost tails would look nice if you can pull that off.
when you live somewhere other than the US you can get cooler cars :thumbdown

86LXItooFAST4me
06-20-2004, 06:12 PM

What did he say? :werd:

bullard123
06-20-2004, 07:14 PM
OH come on. I see that model a lot with preludes and civics and sometimes even del sol's but with a 3rd gen accord I didn't know that made that model!

bullard123
06-20-2004, 07:15 PM
OH come on. I see that model a lot with preludes and civics and sometimes even del sol's but with a 3rd gen accord I didn't know that they even made that model!

blazin3gen
06-20-2004, 07:26 PM
lol your accord is 2.0 lmao

and SI means stripped (i)dition (spelled by a jappanese) :lol:

HondaBoy
06-20-2004, 08:53 PM
here's the way my tail's look now. i used some vinal sticker stuff to make the over lay.
http://memimage.cardomain.com/member_images/11/web/347000-347999/347392_241_full.jpg
http://memimage.cardomain.com/member_images/11/web/347000-347999/347392_245_full.jpg
do a search here. http://www.honda.co.jp/ you'll find some info on accord models. you can type accord/vigor, or accord 2.0si. more info with the first entry on all the models made. and you didnt look at my location apparently.

train
06-21-2004, 08:17 AM
man. i've never been a fan of custom lights or anything like that, but i really like your tails! i wouldn't change them if i were you. i'd keep those. they're pimp. if you're looking for a new project, i'd find something else to work on. thats just my opinion tho.

HondaBoy
06-21-2004, 02:23 PM
well, i'm going to make my own, sort of like how i have them now. but much nicer. that means new outer lense, and the red round light inside with new insides and shit. believe me, when i do get that done, it will look much better than how i have just over lays to have the round lights.