PDA

View Full Version : I got my new headunit and speakers.

RCracer
07-19-2002, 02:03 PM
I got my new speakers today.
I am going to install the speakers first.
The speakers I got are SPR-135A.
Has anyone got these speakers?
I have cut the plastic basket mount and have spaced the speakers away from the mount so that the window will go down as it caught the glass before I moved them.
I am thinking about putting the tweeters on the back of where the door mirror is.
Any other ideas about where to fit the tweeters and what would you use to space the speakers? Im using a old speaker cover with the grill pushed out at the moment but will probably get some MDF/plywood tomorrow unless anyone has any other ideas.

Paul

86LX-ihatch
07-22-2002, 08:45 PM
Are you running an amplifier to your speakers? If not you might want to consider that to get the full potential out of them.

shepherd79
07-23-2002, 04:00 AM
those are nice speakers, you may want to putt them on amp.

RCracer
07-23-2002, 04:15 AM
I got them installed yesturday. I had to cut some plywood spacers to make them clear the window and the original trim covers them still without a problem.
I ended up putting the tweeters on the mirror panels and they all fit quite nice.
I put the crossover on the door next to the speaker mounting under the cover.
I dont plan to use a amp for the front speakers as the head unit I have got is 60w :bow: :bow:.
I have a small-ish (260)amp on my rear 6x9 and now I have to replace my ageing sub/amp. I have a single 10 in a ported box with a 360w amp now and am going to replace it with either a 12 or 2x10/2x12 and anoth amp not sure which/what yet. I still need some boot space to move my r/c car racing stuff about so it cant takeover the boot/trunk totaly:crying:

Paul

86LX-ihatch
07-23-2002, 09:40 AM
If you don't put an amp on your front speakers you aren't doing them justice. These speakers will sound200% better with an amplifier on them. Get a 50 or 75 watt per channel amplifier.

RCracer
07-23-2002, 10:42 AM
The headunit is a real 60w x4 channel so there is no need for a amp for the front speakers.
Go and have a look at the new headunits with the 60w internal amps you will be amazed. :bow: :bow:

shepherd79
07-23-2002, 11:05 AM
AERODECKUK
i think you mean 60watts MAX per channel.
look at RMS power. RMS that is what is going to be going to your speakers.
i think it is like 30watts, may be 45 max.
try without amp and if you think it is not loud enough, go ahead add amp to it.

RCracer
07-23-2002, 01:27 PM
The RMS power value is 0.707 of the max power.
Yes 60w is the max power rating per channel.
So yes the RMS vaue of the H/unit per channel is 42.2w and the speakers are rated at 40w RMS so yes I really cant go more without destroying them and going deaf at the same time.:smokin: :smokin: