PDA

View Full Version : Brush with Death lol

mag_pbg
06-21-2004, 09:54 AM
I was going to town this moring when I came over the top of the hill there was a truck pulling out of the driveway but was taking up both lanes of the road, so I thought she would move but she just sat there, so I hit the brakes but the road was slick from it raining all night so I had a choice of hitting the truck at 55 or hitting the ditch, I choose the ditch, I I hit the ditch paralel with the road, and as soon as I went past the truck got my car back on the road and pulled into a drive way. The ditch was prob. a good 2-3 foot deep but the only damage to my car was the splash gard completly ripped out, with all the clips and bolts that hold it on and a ton of dirt in the motor bay.

86LXItooFAST4me
06-21-2004, 10:02 AM
damn that sucks, could have been worse though. glad to hear everyone was ok. did you give the lady the "go to hell" look when it was over?

88accordhb
06-21-2004, 10:09 AM
damn dare devil! hahahah reminds me of luis, went to the meet once and we were like in this dirt area with huge holes, luis didn't see them and bounced up and down, his chasis slamed hella hard,i guess you can call that a brush with death too. but dude be careful next time and wtf? how are you goin 55mph in and a truck backed out...is there houses on expressways? oh btw: try the OT section.

blazin3gen
06-21-2004, 01:02 PM
damn dare devil! hahahah reminds me of luis, went to the meet once and we were like in this dirt area with huge holes, luis didn't see them and bounced up and down, his chasis slamed hella hard,i guess you can call that a brush with death too. but dude be careful next time and wtf? how are you goin 55mph in and a truck backed out...is there houses on expressways? oh btw: try the OT section.

ahhaha its all magny's fault god damnt lol my car hasnt been the same :sadwave:

lol and dude good move on the ditch also i love your title i was like your laughing cuz u almost died lmao

mag_pbg
06-21-2004, 06:15 PM
No 88accordhb, the road is just a podunk paved back road, there is hardly ever any traffic out here, but by the time I had time to react to her pulling out I was allready almost about to hit her, so figuered it would be best to hit the ditch and only pay for damage to my car, apposed to hitting her and paying for both of us to have our cars fixed. No I didn't give her the go to hell look lol, I know her from school and really no harm no foul.

buzzbomber88lx
06-21-2004, 06:41 PM
you guys remember my story of going in the ditch with 5 feet of water in it??? some of the older members might

88accordhb
06-21-2004, 08:53 PM
No 88accordhb, the road is just a podunk paved back road, there is hardly ever any traffic out here, but by the time I had time to react to her pulling out I was allready almost about to hit her, so figuered it would be best to hit the ditch and only pay for damage to my car, apposed to hitting her and paying for both of us to have our cars fixed. No I didn't give her the go to hell look lol, I know her from school and really no harm no foul.
i was just confused, cuz sounds like you were describing a residential road, but you said you were doin 50. soo that's pretty scary

od2681
06-21-2004, 09:17 PM
you guys remember my story of going in the ditch with 5 feet of water in it??? some of the older members might
i dont know how old that was..but i remember somethin like that..lol

keruhas184
06-21-2004, 09:31 PM
women should not be allowed to drive trucks nor large SUVs. I'm serious. They're horrible drivers, and are a hazard to all of us. Did I mention that I hate stupid women in large cars? ;)

Raduque
06-22-2004, 08:25 AM
Be careful what you say about women in large vehicles, keruhas. Yes, most of them can't drive, but my mother can probably outdrive most men in her big green Safari van.

She used to drive my dad's monorails and gooseneck trailers when he did runs in the oilfields back in Texas. She could probably drive a semi truck if the need arose.

keruhas184
06-22-2004, 11:50 AM
alright, MOST women can't drive and should be restricted to small vehicles...