PDA

View Full Version : What muffler to get?

Bloodlust
06-21-2004, 12:49 PM
Well its official.. My present muffler is loud and obnoxious and i need a replacement ASAP. I was wondering what mufflers you guys would recommend. I presently have an HKS muffler, dont know model or anything. Id like something that has a deep tone, no ricy sound like that loud high pitched sound, and nothing that will make my stereo all distorted. Just something ballsy if you know what i mean. It needs a 2.5 inch inlet and nothing bigger than 3" outlet. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

dXsquared
06-21-2004, 01:00 PM
try a Dynomax Superturbo... run a nice 3 inch peice of stainless exhaust pipe as the tip... it will sound good

Travis

A20A1
06-21-2004, 01:05 PM
Mine muffler is Powertone... you can always change out the tip... it sounds real good on my corolla and sounded the same on my accord with a cat back...
Sure the name sounds like a cheezy muffler, but it's certainly better then APC... probably has been around longer too. :D
my tip opening was rather large but it's actually 2.5 in 2.5 out...
don't get the canister/bullet style mufflers...
go for oval baffled or oval chambered
mine is baffled so it flows like a stright thru style canister but lowers sound better like a chambered

I'm not sure abpout dyno max's sound... you can always get a flowmaster...

Justin86
06-21-2004, 02:11 PM
I have a Dynomax on right now cause my previous 120db system was nice but it got old and VERY loud. Get a super turbo or a 60 series, they are relatively quiet but have a deep tone.

Vinny
06-21-2004, 02:46 PM
36" glass pack as a resonator and a generic turbo........ask the people who have heard the hatch with that setup............Much nice

zero.counter
06-21-2004, 02:54 PM
A $20 raptor or Turbo II muffler available at you local auto parts store give it ia nice deep tone, no tinny sound.

maka_RTH
06-21-2004, 04:28 PM
i've been trying to decide between the flowaster delta 50 and 60 series, either that or the dynomax superturbo. i have a generic turbo muffler on my 4dr, i love the sound of that one, nice and deep. it's louder than stock, but not much louder, and sounds awesome.

DeathRat
06-21-2004, 06:07 PM
I just had a Ractive Fireball Stainless Steel Muffler with 4" Slash Tip installed. P/N: MT602. I kept the stock resonator pipe & just had a adapter made to join the pipe to the new muffler. I think it sounds great. Not too load at all, unless of course you open up the throttle that is!

LX-i BOY
06-21-2004, 06:40 PM
well mike so far i've heard good opinions on the dynomax super turbo i am getting a magnaflow stainless steel one tomrrow i'll let you know how it sounds, also do you have a resonator on your car, right now cuz that will help with sound if you don't

Justin86
06-21-2004, 06:58 PM
I would stick with the flowmaster 60 series. People said that the 40 and 50 are much louder and free flowing. They are louder, but not loud like a ebay fart can, but cause of there V8 only design, they produce a raspy hollow sound. I had a 40 series on my car for 3 days before I cut it off cause it sounded like shit.