PDA

View Full Version : Opinions

RobbyKlotz
06-21-2004, 06:33 PM
What do you all think about this combo for plugs, wires, and coil

Plugs: NGK V-Power Plug., 2.0L (A20A1) Mdls.
Wires: NGK Spark Plug Wire Set, ALL 2.0L SOHC Mdls.
Coil: MSD Blaster2

Trying to make her run a little smoother.

smufguy
06-21-2004, 06:39 PM
What do you all think about this combo for plugs, wires, and coil

Plugs: NGK V-Power Plug., 2.0L (A20A1) Mdls.
Wires: NGK Spark Plug Wire Set, ALL 2.0L SOHC Mdls.
Coil: MSD Blaster2

Trying to make her run a little smoother.

oretty standard set up. nothing outta the ordinary, even tho i have seen blaster 6 on our cars.

keruhas184
06-21-2004, 08:03 PM
yeah for the wires go on NGK website and get the # for our cars. Then go on ebay and buy yourself the right set. That's what I did; I got my wires for like $17 shipped. Nice blue wires, no complaints.

You might want to look into the dizzy first if you're having ignition problems, I ended up replacing mine altogether cause the inside gasket went to shit and oil got everywhere. But it could be a carb problem, so you never know with our cars. :) Good luck

Vinny
06-21-2004, 08:21 PM
you might wanna try the blaster SS coil, its onlt a few bucks more and has more mounting potential. Also may want to go with magnecore wires if you can spring it. The NGK's are too big of a step from stock

A20A1
06-21-2004, 08:42 PM
Plus on the SS the terminals have arc protection... well are spaced further from the coil output.

TheMagi
06-21-2004, 08:50 PM
I had a distributor fail, so i got a used *cherry* from Vinny. I bought Magnecor 8.5 wires, MSD Blaster 2 coil, and NGK BPR5EIX-11 plugs. Yea, I know the Iridium plugs are overkill...but with gas being what it is now, any little bit helps! I am installing the wires, plugs, and coil tommorrow. I'll post and let you know what i think. :rockon:

RobbyKlotz
06-22-2004, 03:52 AM
you might wanna try the blaster SS coil, its onlt a few bucks more and has more mounting potential. Also may want to go with magnecore wires if you can spring it. The NGK's are too big of a step from stock

So the NGK wires may not be a great idea? I cant belive they would be better wires, they are like 19 bucks on Nopionline

Vinny
06-22-2004, 04:09 AM
The NGK's are good wires, I have them on the Hatch. The magnecores are just better wires, of course they are like 60 bucks

RobbyKlotz
06-22-2004, 05:57 AM
The NGK's are good wires, I have them on the Hatch. The magnecores are just better wires, of course they are like 60 bucks

Perhaps I can talk to little woman into thinking that the car would benefit from it!

TheMagi
06-22-2004, 08:03 AM
I just finished installing my MSD Blaster 2 coil and Magnecor wires. Much snappier response!
:cool:

speedpenguin
06-24-2004, 09:01 AM
what's more important, in your opinion?
exhaust system or coil/ignition upgrade?

TheMagi
06-24-2004, 09:52 AM
what's more important, in your opinion?
exhaust system or coil/ignition upgrade?
I felt more of a difference 'seat of the pants' with a gutted cat and cat-back system than with the ignition upgrades. The ignition stuff however allowed the car to idle better, and have more snap in throttle response. Both are worthwhile upgrades, i would just do the exhaust first. My 2 cents.

speedpenguin
06-28-2004, 03:35 PM
that's what i was thinking
or i could just do ignition along with the EFI swap