PDA

View Full Version : Honda p-ASS department

Civvy
06-22-2004, 05:17 AM
Honda parts departments have annoyed me so im going to winge!!! :pc:

Last week I had a rear caliper leak!
I took the caliper apart and found it to be in really good condition inside,
So i rang Honda and asked for a seal kit.

First dealer i rang wanted my chasis number? which i could'nt give him because it was a brake upgrade from a car in the junkyard! so he said we cant help!!!
Second dealer I rang 'i knew the chap' he said they dont do a seal kit u can buy the parts seperatly! so i gave him a list of the six parts i needed to reseal the caliper 2 'o' rings, piston seal, 2 dust boots and a plastic sleeve! he said he couldn't find three of those parts and i would need to identify them! this Honda dealer was a 4hours drive away! I said no chance im driving that far, so again he couldnt help!
Third ass's department asked for my chasis number and after a despute suggested i got a source of one to a similar car in a junkyard! fortunatly i knew where there was one 45mins drive away!
Back i went to the phone and again was asked to come in to identify the parts on the computer screen as they hadn't a clue what the parts wre i was describing! Please note i have the official dealer Honda workshop manual which i was quoting the part names from. Down to the honda dealer i went another 45mins drive! Identifyed the parts instantly! ...job done :burn:

Another case Last year I wanted a TYPE-R badge from the rear of a Integra. Had to try three diffrent ass departments because they wouldnt help because i hadn't a chasis number! Got one in the end! The Helpfull dealer said the chasis number issue is to cover their ass's incase they order the wrong part! Thankfully, this dealer is in the friendly north-east where i'm from!