PDA

View Full Version : Car audio gurus: HELP!

Raduque
06-22-2004, 03:53 PM
I'm having a slight problem with my HU. I've got a Pioneer DEH-P4150 single-cd HU, and I'm trying to use the aux-in on it for listening to my MP3 collection on my laptop while cruisin'. The problem is, the audio from the aux connectors only comes out through the back speakers. I just can't for the life of me figure out what's wrong. I don't think it's the cable, I am pretty sure it's the radio itself. My owners manual is long gone, and I can't find any information about this radio online (at least, not from Google or Pioneer themselves). Any help, tricks, tips will be greatfully accepted.
Thanks

zero.counter
06-22-2004, 04:50 PM
Process of elimination:

Clean the stereo mini-din connector and see if it works, then job complete...else
replace the cable and retry....else
try plugging another device that utilizes the same cable (cd player)...else
verify that the fader controls are not set incorrectly on the stereo....else
ensure that the front speakers are operational....else
ensure that the auxilarry setting does not have separate fader/balance settings....else
use another way to enjoy mp3s :D

Raduque
06-22-2004, 04:59 PM
It's RCA connectors on the back, and I've also tried an MP3/discman does the same thing.

The fader/balance and other tonal controls are ignored by the aux setting, and it also plays over the radio and CD.

The only thing I haven't done is replaced the cable, but i am pretty sure it's a good one. I'll do that tomorrow.
Thanks!

shepherd79
06-22-2004, 07:13 PM
i will stop by one day and look what you did.
it may be that your HU is not accepting the Aux input for all 4 speakers.
you may want to go to Pioneer website and download the manual.
we will have to get together one day.

zero.counter
06-22-2004, 07:34 PM
He is likely using a din to stereo RCA cable. The auxillary input from most decks utilizing these connectors splits the stereo signal 4 way as any other stereo device would in this configuration.

Brentm
06-22-2004, 09:43 PM
if your using RCA's dontthe preouts usually controll backs, fronts, and subs. One set of preouts for each? or are we not even using RCA's, and preouts?

Raduque
06-23-2004, 07:09 AM
zerocounter: by "din" do you mean "1/8th inch stereo jack"? If so, that's the kind of cable I'm using.

Brentm: I'm using rca INs, not the outs. My preout's working fine, but only if I'm listening to the tuner or a CD.

Shepherd: this sunday is the last day I can do anything before I have to get ready for my trip. I really wanted to get this working right before then, because we're taking the 3Gee.

shepherd79
06-23-2004, 01:49 PM
i will talk to you on AIM about the sunday.