PDA

View Full Version : Restoring Color On Back of Backseats

MIK3
06-22-2004, 06:20 PM
Hmm. My the back of my back seats, the top part, has been faded over the years from the sun. Is there any way of restoring the original color to this? I'm guessing I'll have to dye it or something correct?

zero.counter
06-22-2004, 06:30 PM
There is a vinyl/carpet color spray available at your local auto parts stores for about 4 bux. I used it on the accord's carpet. The only problem is color matching and the fact that you might loose the material's knap. Test on an inconspicuos area first (duh :D). UV rays destroyed the color, so no matter what, you will have to match the entire seat anyways.

DNMPro
06-23-2004, 07:57 PM
The seats on the accord are completely different for what those carpety dyes/paints are designed for. They're mostly for floor mats and so on. The nappage of the seats would be compromised and stand out a lot more. It would work, I don't know if you haul you friends around or not. You never know though!

DNMPro
06-23-2004, 08:08 PM
The seats on the accord are completely different for what those carpety dyes/paints are designed for. They're mostly for floor mats and so on. The nappage of the seats would be compromised and stand out a lot more. It would work, I don't know if you haul you friends around or not. You never know though!

MIK3
06-23-2004, 09:06 PM
Nope. I don't haul around friends, I hate taking people in my car because they don't respect it the way I do, only one friend does. So no friends, it's all thanks to the stupid UV rays. I might just go to an auto upholstry store of some kind if I can find one...

DNMPro
06-23-2004, 09:18 PM
That, I'd say would be your best bet all along. Spend a bit more and have it done right, hey, you could probably have something done really well, only problem, then you'd have to do your front!