PDA

View Full Version : AC question help me Vinny!

ag bullet
06-23-2004, 03:24 PM
Hey I just saw this one on ebay and can't tell from the pics you posted before what kind it is, thoughts?

http://images.auctionworks.com/hi/64/64181/mini-000a_1731.jpg

Vinny
06-23-2004, 04:57 PM
I saw that yesterday. Its a denso so it will work with the bracket you picked up. I think its a type 2. I know the Factory air type 2's have a PN that ends in 350. Email them and see if it has the suction port

ag bullet
06-23-2004, 05:07 PM
I saw that yesterday. Its a denso so it will work with the bracket you picked up. I think its a type 2. I know the Factory air type 2's have a PN that ends in 350. Email them and see if it has the suction port

With less than three hours left I may just chance this one...

What is the value of the suction port?

ag bullet
06-24-2004, 03:00 AM
With less than three hours left I may just chance this one...

What is the value of the suction port?

And one more question....

do I need one with a clutch or not?

Vinny
06-24-2004, 04:28 AM
you want the one with the clutch. Like I said make sure you ask if it has the Suction port and if not if they can get it for you. Those things are a pain to track down at the junkyards and not cheap to order new. Don't make me stop and fix this in person on my way up to CT next month :D

ag bullet
06-24-2004, 03:53 PM
Hey if you can save me some grief, I can have everything in place along with a place to stay....

Thanks though for all your answers. I am gonna see if I can get that compressor as it does have the suction port (on the left side) according to the seller.

Vinny
06-24-2004, 04:12 PM
LOL I was kidding. Besides I wouldnt have anything to pull a vacuum or service. bout all I'd be good for is hookup. I've got a 1250 mile trip 1 way to CT and I wont have time to stop for anything but gas the whole way up. AC isn't hard once you get the hang of it

ag bullet
06-25-2004, 02:59 AM
LOL I was kidding. Besides I wouldnt have anything to pull a vacuum or service. bout all I'd be good for is hookup. I've got a 1250 mile trip 1 way to CT and I wont have time to stop for anything but gas the whole way up. AC isn't hard once you get the hang of it

I figured as much.

So here is what I have so far: new condenser, receiver drier and pipe, denso bracket and a denso compressor.

What else am I going to need?

Vinny
06-25-2004, 04:15 AM
You may want to pick up new bolts for mounting the bracket to the block and for the compressor (Unless you got them with the mount) You'll need atleast 3 packages of O rings (I order mine through Majestic but you can get them anywhere, like 2 bucks) You'll need oil, Are you going r12 or 134A. Dielectric grease and some rubber gloves and you should be good to go.

ag bullet
06-25-2004, 03:22 PM
You may want to pick up new bolts for mounting the bracket to the block and for the compressor (Unless you got them with the mount) You'll need atleast 3 packages of O rings (I order mine through Majestic but you can get them anywhere, like 2 bucks) You'll need oil, Are you going r12 or 134A. Dielectric grease and some rubber gloves and you should be good to go.

The previous owners already did a conversion to r134a so that is good to go. I figure since I have sourced the parts, I can find a competant shop to install it all for me. Do you by chance have the part numbers for the bolts/rings?