PDA

View Full Version : Is there any way to tighten the rear view mirror?

ag bullet
06-23-2004, 03:25 PM
Mine is really loose and the least little bump will shift its angle. Is there any way to tighten it up some more?

88accordalltheway
06-23-2004, 03:40 PM
get a new one, i dont think you can make it not loose. Arent new one slike 15 bucks or somthing at auto zone?

ag bullet
06-25-2004, 03:01 AM
get a new one, i dont think you can make it not loose. Arent new one slike 15 bucks or somthing at auto zone?

I dunno. I was hoping to find a solution to keep the factory one.

SteveDX89
06-25-2004, 03:46 AM
In front of the little seatbelt lights, you'll see a cover. Take the cover off. Inside there are 3 screws. Tighten them up and put the cover back on.

ag bullet
06-25-2004, 03:24 PM
In front of the little seatbelt lights, you'll see a cover. Take the cover off. Inside there are 3 screws. Tighten them up and put the cover back on.

It isn't that part (the mount) that is loose, it is the swivel part (what you use to "aim" the mirror" that is loose. Looks like a ball joint type of thing. I figured there might be a way to snug up that joint to make the mirror hold its adjustment better.

HondaBoy
06-25-2004, 04:54 PM
its a ball and socket type joint. it is worn out and will need to be replaced. your best bet is going to the junk yard and getting one. for my 87, i got a rear view mirror off a 91 accord. screwed right in, even the screws were the same size. you will need the plastic cover from the other model though, unless your's is kind of hidden like the hb and some coupes are. i dont even have the plastic cover on mine, looks good actually because its black. goes with my interior. also, the 4th gen accord mirror is wider which is better.

bullard123
06-25-2004, 05:06 PM
Man the same thing happened to my rearview mirror. Only mine came loose after my hood flew up and hit the top of my car!! I'll take that advice too.