PDA

View Full Version : Matching Underside Of Hood With Top Of Hood

MIK3
06-23-2004, 09:08 PM
Just wondering how many of you have the same color underneath your hood as your exterior of your engine hood's color. I know it's a bitch to keep clean, but that's when you know someone really takes car of they're car's cleaness. I'm about half way done with cleaning the underside of my hood, it's a bitch and a half getting all the soot and grease and what not off, but I think it'll be well worth it in the end.

crwa
06-23-2004, 09:17 PM
Mine use to be the same color and I kept in clean... But now I have my cf hood so I don't have to worry now...

DNMPro
06-23-2004, 09:21 PM
Heavy duty degreaers (non-aerosol) and a hose should do the trick. If its still being tricky, just keep trying, a crappy old towel works great between the degreaser application and hosing it off. Throw the degreaser in a spray bottle (if you have any, if not go the supermarket, they're like $1 in the laundry isle) and spray it down from close range.

Go here...
http://www.prowax.com/degreaser.shtml

k-roy
06-24-2004, 12:22 AM
Mine is not the same color underneith because of the second paintjob.
But the underside is clean. Once you get the car and get it completely clean its not hard to maintain. Just spray it down with Simple Green and hose it off once a month, along with the firewall, strut towers, etc...

Vinny
06-24-2004, 04:31 AM
Mines fifferent because its CF :D it will match whenever I find a decent black hatch to swap parts to though

MIK3
06-24-2004, 02:59 PM
Haha. Yeah, believe it or not, I'm using the "Awesome" crap, haha. And it's actually working wonders with an old rag. It's hard though to match the white like the exterior of the car has though, because my white on the outside of the car is a very clean white. That means I'll have to work extra hard just to convert my grease to nice white paint.

sporkHSP
06-24-2004, 10:40 PM
mine is the same color... its not even that dirty, and i have never washed it.