PDA

View Full Version : replace radius rod bushing?

rdn
06-24-2004, 04:13 AM
hi guys,

i'm planning to replace the radius rod bushings (and stabilizer bushings once i'm there)....

are there any tricky things to consider there?...

Vinny
06-24-2004, 04:17 AM
Not too tricky. Take the nut off the front side of the radius rod arm, remove the bolts that hold the arm to the lower control arm. Just remember the washers on the bushings go with the lip facing OUT, you'll see what I mean when you get them apart. I recommend getting the Moog bushings, nice setup and very cheap through rockauto.com

rdn
06-24-2004, 04:30 AM
thanks vinny...
hmm..i've allready bought original bushings (70$ both sides :mad: )....no rockauto in this part of the world :)
so...no risk that those 2 bolts on the lower control arm will brake off?...or that the old bushings get stucked?

Vinny
06-24-2004, 05:25 AM
rockauto is an online deal, I think they are in the central US somewhere. Complete set is like 30 bucks shipped and better made then the originals.

Theres always a chance a bolt can break...ALWAYS. Thing is theres bushings in the front and back sides of the crossmember there the radius rod arms go through. Other choice is to undo the front motor mount, support the engine, and drop the front mount crossmember, see where I'm going with this. :D Good luck. I had no problems with mines, but I have a nice rust free southern car