PDA

View Full Version : cherry bomb muffler?

Mantis88LX
07-19-2002, 07:24 PM
does anyone have a charry bomb muffler? if so what is the sound of them and is there any power increase,

im thinking about getting one but im afraid it will make my car sound like some redneck truck or something, i also dont want the back fire sound when lettting off the gas.

so help me out!

thanx

YK86
07-20-2002, 04:25 AM
If you have a Dynomax DON'T get a Cherry bomb. You get what you pay for. They sound okay when you get the right size/diameter (some make it sound like a weedeater) but 6 months down the road, they'll be worn out and LOUD in a bad way. It's a good "high-schooler" budget muffler but nothing more (I know from experience).

RedneckRicer
07-21-2002, 11:42 PM
hmmm....rednecks and high school budget...my kinda post. i have one on mine. and its been on there about a year <minus sitting time from dead tranny which is a couple months> its a fairly long one, i think it was about 6 inches longer than the stock muffler. and despite my best efforts on a high school budget i can't get it to burn out any faster. but for the time being it sounds pretty good. better than one of those chrome squirrel catchers they seem to like to put on the civics. They give you a pretty decent sound for 20 bucks. even though you might have to go and buy another one in a year or more. surprisingly they aren't very loud if you get a longer one....get a short one and you WILL get the weedwhacker effect. i gotta Monza tip too....if that makes any difference in the duration of the glass packing which i doubt, lol. good luck with roarin your ricer

ChronoDX87
07-22-2002, 09:58 AM
My Friend Guyver007 has a cherry bomb in it hes had it for almost a year and it still sounds the same... Yea it does sound like a lawn mower , his kinda sounds like a lil civic with only an intake... And the reason they get bad is cause for some reason some cars through out water through the muffler and it gets stuck in the cherry bomb rusting and makeing it bad cloging it up there for you find the lil hole and put the lil hole faceing the street "Down" so that it lets out the water if it starts to buld up, another thing is , you have to tilt the cherry bomb Pointin downward , spiting your exhaust to the floor as much as possible. in other words ill use this as an example.. <(Front / <that is how they usually put it in ... but no put it like so <(front \ < Like that understand? hehehehe And so hes told me it only helps at hi end the car with the stock muffler wouldnt get it up to 4000 rpms... after he put the cherry bomb the car goes up to 5000rpms.... We have the same cars me and him mines is all stock his has the cherry bomb we have the same take off speed but then he leaves me behind by a bit... anyway im sure hell explain it later on im let him know about it and ask him a bit..

Guyver007
07-22-2002, 02:38 PM
Sup yall's i have a cherry bomb on my car and its still good ive had it almost a year.. If you take out the Catalyctic converter it sounds even more, mines sounds good, inside the house it sounds like a lawnmower and thats without reving the engine if i rev it it sounds like one of them low duel tip crhome mufflers just a lil less, and yea it did help me but not on start off.. i still feel the engine strain a lil when i take off till i get up to about 45 to 50 then it all just smooths outt and i feel theres no stress on the engine .. mines hasnt even started to rust so when it does im going for another one or just getin one of them mufflers like the eclipse in fast and furiouse... Any who if you dont want it to rust then leave the lil hole on it faceing the floor so any moisture or water leaks out and also try to put it straight out or downward away from the back bumber and not upward towards it ..