PDA

View Full Version : Intake manifold removal!!

Kevin
06-24-2004, 11:19 AM
Is there an easy way of removing the intake manifold from the head w/o pulling the head off? I want to swap for my b16 intake but dont want to hafta pull the head a part!! Any tips or suggestions would be great!! :bow: :lock:

86LXItooFAST4me
06-24-2004, 11:22 AM
a socket wrench and a bunch of swivels and some busted knuckles and a huge headack and temper, lol

adams86lxi
06-24-2004, 11:40 AM
yep, its a pain in the ass! I had my motor out of my car and i had to swap intake manifolds and even with the motor out its a pain! good luck!]

btw: really off topic but. How do those drop zone coilcovers ride with stock struts? And how low do you have them set? THANKS

Kevin
06-25-2004, 09:02 AM
I have them set about a two in drop!! The outer fender molding is two inches from the top of the tire!!! It rides ok!! Before i got the camber kit the top of the tires were tucking!! The place that did my alingment told me that i have to raise to get good camber. I have SI wheels with 195/55 on it!! I think i blew them when i had it lowered more!!

Kevin
06-25-2004, 09:05 AM
I heard something about tipping the moter up?? Unbolting rear mount and liftting to get a better angle??