PDA

View Full Version : not running good below 3000

grove
06-24-2004, 05:10 PM
my car feels like its running on 3 cylinders sometimes when i take off, then when i am going through a slow area and the r's are below 3000. the car bumps a long. its almost like it dies for a sec then comes back to life and jerks the car. i have already replaced my distributor, cold advance solenoid, wires, iriduim plugs, msd coil, retimed it to 15 degrees. changed the fuel pressure regulator, changed the fuel injectors, cleaned the fast idle valve. not sure what else to replace or fix. please help. when im cruising above 3000 rpm the car runs great. oh its also hurting my gas mileage to. it dropped down to 280miles to a tank and i used to get about 350. need some wisdom. :dunno:

nismoracer99
06-24-2004, 11:53 PM
is it carbeurated??

if it is, it might be getting too much gas or not enough gas. adjust the mixture screw, while trying to find the highest rpm when its idling. then adjust it a quartar turn towards a rich mixture, and see if that works.

if that doesn't work, you might need to get a new carb or do a carb rebuild.

but i dont know much about honda carbs and cars. i haven't even driven my accord yet! just got it a month or two ago, been sitting there cause my other car is hogging up all the money. fords suck

shepherd79
06-25-2004, 03:51 AM
he doesn't have carb, he is EFi.
check the coil. if coil checks out bad, change it. when coil goes bad, you have simular simptoms. you can get any universal ones at any autoparts stores. and look on "how to" to install one. it is very easy.
the other thing, is check your ECU. it is under the driver seat. look from behind, pop the window, with a key in ignition position check any codes. the light will blink if there are codes.
you may want to change your O2 sensor. they get dirty and sometimes don't work right by triping the ECU to think something is wrong with mixture.

grove
06-25-2004, 03:44 PM
i have a farely new msd blaster ss coil in my car now. and the o2 sensors are about 8 months old, i put new ones in when i put my header in. would something that has to do with vaccuum be giving me this problem.

ehulst
06-25-2004, 05:28 PM
check for any leaks in hoses, i have a Carb and mine did the same and i had a whole in an hose, but what do i kno i'm just a newbi, :p

k-roy
06-25-2004, 06:21 PM
Yea vacuum leaks can cause that.

keruhas184
06-25-2004, 07:00 PM
if your clutch is not adjusted properly or is worn out it can screw up your low range rpms, especially after changing gears. Try turning the black knob between your battery and a radiator hose (down inside) conter-clockwise to tigten the clutch. Don't turn too much, as you need free play. Use search on this topic and you'll find more info.

Good luck

grove
06-28-2004, 02:52 PM
how can i test my coil to see if is working right?

1988starter
07-02-2004, 10:12 AM
this is going to sound really weird but try switching the wires on your O2 sensors. You can actualy put them in backward when you install a header my had the same problem

smufguy
07-02-2004, 10:18 AM
this is going to sound really weird but try switching the wires on your O2 sensors. You can actualy put them in backward when you install a header my had the same problem

i gotta check mine. But again, what is the wire code from the 1/4 cyl and 2/3 cyl? The clip color i mean. Thanks.

1988starter
07-02-2004, 10:23 AM
I am not sure but on my car white is 1 and 4 green is 2 and 3 DC sport header.

smufguy
07-02-2004, 10:28 AM
thanks starter.

NXRacer
07-02-2004, 10:58 AM
i yanked out a bunch of vacuum lines, cruise control and a couple other things and now im throwing an EGR code. when my car is cold it jerks sometimes and when i go WOT sometimes it feels like VTEC is kicking in.

I dont really worry about it since i probably yanked the wrong vacuum line or something, but i thought i'd mention it since my problem is pretty similar to yours.

grove
07-02-2004, 04:51 PM
well i installed a new egr valve because i was popping a code 12. got it from the junk yard. its running better now. after i installed it i drove around town to check it. when i checked the computer it still popped a code 12. the difference now is it still chuggs a little bit when im cruising below 3000 rpm and roughly doing under 30 mph. but when i go to acclerate it goes fine so far that i now of didnt chugg. but i only gave like a 1/4 throttle. i gonna give it full throttle and see what happens. but im thinking maybe i have bad vaccuum to the egr valve or maybe i got a bad one from the junk yard. called the parts store for a brand new one over $100. ouch. maybe i should just block off my egr.