PDA

View Full Version : added keyless entry... need some help

LikeNoOtherAccord
07-19-2002, 08:49 PM
today i removed my drivers side door panel so i could install my keyless entry system thing that i got from jcwhitney. anyway after splicing into the lock/unlock wires, i couldnt figure out where the (red) 12V power wire goes. i need to splice it into a 12V pos. source somewhere near the drivers side door... is there a good place for that anywhere. i dont know which wire was the power wire. is it all red, or red with yellow stripe, or green stripe? i dont know. after i add that wire it should be working. thats the only question i have. :huh:

Jareds 89 LX-i
07-19-2002, 10:27 PM
I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for, but it might help.....

http://www.bulldogsecurity.com/wires/accord86-89.htm

:)

LikeNoOtherAccord
07-20-2002, 07:20 AM
im looking for where i can splice this red wire that is connected to the alarms harness.

LikeNoOtherAccord
07-20-2002, 06:47 PM
ok ok ok ok ok.... i finished all the wire and everything else. but heres the thing.... they keyless entry remote only unlocks/locks the doors when the car is on !! how do i make the remote work when the car is off????????? it isnt much use now because it only works when im in the car. :confused: any help is appreciated !!

LikeNoOtherAccord
07-20-2002, 06:55 PM
btw... the "how to" on adding a keyless entry system doesnt work :rolleyes:

netfreak
07-20-2002, 07:11 PM
Is it wired to the battery or some form of a power source?

LikeNoOtherAccord
07-20-2002, 07:15 PM
i went to bulldogsecurity.com and they said wire it (the red wire) to a white wire, so i did that. WHO THE HELL HAS DONE THIS BEFORE, LOL !! :cool:

89accordlxi
07-20-2002, 09:00 PM
Just to test...Try getting a long piece of wire and connecting it directly to the battery. Then run it outside the car and connect it to the wire on your remote. If it works now then that means the wire you were using was and accessory 12v which is only on when the car is on. You need to find a constant 12 volt supply or just run a separate power wire to the remote. I would also install an inline fuse..

That's all I can think of

Good luck..

peace out

mike_fx_u
07-20-2002, 11:20 PM
i connected it to the radio constant power(yellow wire) aka memory(holds all ur stations, etc.) nigger rigged but what ever i got the cheap $20 keyless form jcwhitney.

dosh8er
07-21-2002, 09:52 PM
man, i just wish my UNLOCK option worked on my existing door locks. That's a pain in the ass, it's there, but doesn't work.

BTW, i'm not sure if this is just my car or a 3g thing, but, in order to lock my door, (as well as all the other doors) I must open my door handle, and while holding it open, press down on the lock to lock it. Is this a neat feature, or do I have a screwed up lock? The lock won't go down unless the door is closed or this handle thing is going on. Just curious if anyone else noticed that...

RedneckRicer
07-21-2002, 10:02 PM
I'd say get a 12v tester, the things with a ground gator clip that goes to a little light then has another wire you touch to wires and if it lights up ya got power. you could probably make one if nothing else. jump in the car, keep the keys outta it, and shut the door so you don't pick up on the light by any chance, and find yourself a hot wire

Jareds 89 LX-i
07-21-2002, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by dosh8er
man, i just wish my UNLOCK option worked on my existing door locks. That's a pain in the ass, it's there, but doesn't work.

BTW, i'm not sure if this is just my car or a 3g thing, but, in order to lock my door, (as well as all the other doors) I must open my door handle, and while holding it open, press down on the lock to lock it. Is this a neat feature, or do I have a screwed up lock? The lock won't go down unless the door is closed or this handle thing is going on. Just curious if anyone else noticed that...
Don't worry.....all Hondas (that I know of at least) have that feature, to make it harder to accidently lock yourself out. Mine is like that, my moms 5th gen Accord is like that, and my cousins '92 Civic HB (which I believe just got stolen, btw) is like that.

Have you tried getting another switch from the wreckers to try and fix your unlock problem? Probably only $5-10 :)

LikeNoOtherAccord
07-22-2002, 10:41 AM
89accordlxi you are a genious... probly not but hey, your idea worked. now i have keyless entry. good job man. :super:

89accordlxi
07-22-2002, 11:45 AM
Hey, your welcome LikeNoOtherAccord. Glad to hear that you got it working. I have had keyless entry for 3 yrs now and love it. It Just makes it so convenient to unluck the doors before you even get to the car. Plus your passengers don' t have to wait for you to open your door then unlock theirs. Once you have keyless entry, you'll wonder how you ever got along with out it..

Enjoy..

Peace out..