PDA

View Full Version : Reuilt carburetor.....same problem....WTF!!!

soljaboy2000
06-26-2004, 01:02 AM
Okay I spunt about 10+ hours pain stakenly rebuilding my carburetor with the rebuild kit. Okay Atfer I reinstall the carburaetor and triple checking every hose, bolt and wire I try to start it and still...it just turns over like before. The fuel bowl is empty but the filter is full and no hoses is clogged or disconnected and the pump is working so I dont know WTF is the problem.

A20A1
06-26-2004, 02:05 AM
Darn... well hold off on the weber... I really don't understand whats up...
I want to say get a new fuel line and bypass the fuel cut and rear filter.

Did you see gas come out of the hose when you turned the key and left the hose unhooked from the carb?

the pump only puts out a small amount of fuel to prime the carb so it will take a while to fill the entire bowl.

edit
If gas doesn't come out of the filter and you still don't think it's a bad pump or clog in one of the lines then try removing the hose before the filter and see if gas flows when you turn the key.

also I hope the wire at the back of the carb to the solenoid is hooked up.

accordlxi2.0
06-26-2004, 08:54 AM
i think that screw that invole's the float adjustment is clogged . . . .

88accordalltheway
06-26-2004, 10:02 AM
wow, that really sucks, im gunna have to say the same thing as a20a1, check into trying a new fuel line. But man, thats such a wierd problem. look on the bright side, youll have a rebuilt carb after this that will run better than before.