PDA

View Full Version : My ride

Accord7SE_i
07-19-2002, 09:37 PM
what ya think?http://www.propowerwash.com/board/upload/attachment.php?s=&postid=19114

YK86
07-20-2002, 04:38 AM
There's no pic.

87accordlxi
07-20-2002, 08:48 AM
nice

i dont see a pic

offthahook
07-20-2002, 08:57 AM
Nice Hayne's manual cover... You've kept it really clean.

Accord7SE_i
07-20-2002, 09:22 AM
http://server7.hypermart.net/cutlass/accord7sei/PDRM0018.JPG

http://server7.hypermart.net/cutlass/accord7sei/PDRM0020.JPG

http://server7.hypermart.net/cutlass/accord7sei/PDRM0021.JPG

http://server7.hypermart.net/cutlass/accord7sei/PDRM0023.JPG

http://server7.hypermart.net/cutlass/accord7sei/PDRM0024.JPG

87accordlxi
07-20-2002, 09:25 AM
ok man, i got them all fixed. looks pretty good.

87DXHatch
07-20-2002, 09:35 PM
Where's all the leather? Did you just redo everything in carpet? It looks nice... me wantee!

Bobs89LXi
07-20-2002, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by 87DXHatch
Where's all the leather? Did you just redo everything in carpet? It looks nice... me wantee!

Oh, there is still some remaining leather on the center armrest and the doors. I can see why he made the switch to cloth. Have you ever sat on a hot leather seat in summer? Well, in Arizona just multiply that feeling by 100 fold. :eek: It looks great. Clean and simple.

Twisted 87lxi
07-21-2002, 12:56 AM
Clean ride man, my friend's got an Se-i w/ the same color scheme (w/ leather though), but your's is definately in better shape. What mods you got in store for that beauty?

Asturias
07-21-2002, 03:10 AM
Nice! Looks almost exactly like mine except what is that wind deflector thing on the roof? Did you have a sunroof put in? And where'd you get those black rubber things in the door gaps?

Bobs89LXi
07-21-2002, 06:36 AM
Originally posted by Asturias
Did you have a sunroof put in?

The moonroof was standard equipment in the SEi. Along with leather interior, 4 wheel disc brakes, and a Bose stereo system. :D

offthahook
07-21-2002, 06:38 AM
Looks mad tight. Are the door panels from another Accord?? Or did you have the leather replaced? I would get horn covers for your front bumper YESTERDAY!! Water getting in those holes will cause rust with the quickness. I believe you can use 2 or 4 door ones from the 88 and 89's.

offthahook
07-21-2002, 06:42 AM
Originally posted by Bobs89LXi

The moonroof was standard equipment in the SEi. Along with leather interior, 4 wheel disc brakes, and a Bose stereo system. :D

Once again... the Se-i coupes did not come with moonroofs or power door locks from the factory. Ever. Look at his dash; no switch is there. The dealer prolly had one put in and added some profit for themselves. The 4 doors did have the moonroof (like the lx-i's)

philendrick
07-21-2002, 08:08 PM
Man, your car is nice! The only thing I would do is clean up the engine! It would actually look really nice if you use a safe engine cleaner and armor all the plastic and rubber parts!

Bobs89LXi
07-21-2002, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by offthahook

Once again... the Se-i coupes did not come with moonroofs or power door locks from the factory. Ever. Look at his dash; no switch is there. The dealer prolly had one put in and added some profit for themselves. The 4 doors did have the moonroof (like the lx-i's)

I am sorry, but I am going to have to respectfully disagree with you. I looked at the SEi's new, in the dealer showroom, coupes inclusive, and those items WERE standard. On the window sticker of the coupes I test drove, it listed moonroof as STD, and that doesn't mean sexually transmitted disease. They were standard on the SEi, regardless of whether it be a coupe or a sedan.

87accordlxi
07-21-2002, 08:43 PM
keep in mind bob's the only one old enough here to actually remember this stuff :p

marc49
07-21-2002, 09:11 PM
by the looks of the garage I am assuming you guys just moved in??? just a guess

offthahook
07-21-2002, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by Bobs89LXi

I am sorry, but I am going to have to respectfully disagree with you. I looked at the SEi's new, in the dealer showroom, coupes inclusive, and those items WERE standard. On the window sticker of the coupes I test drove, it listed moonroof as STD, and that doesn't mean sexually transmitted disease. They were standard on the SEi, regardless of whether it be a coupe or a sedan.

Fair enough, but I still am sticking to mu story. I owned a 89 Brittany Blue Accord se-i COUPE; it had no moonroof. I worked at Honda in 91. People there were so happy that the 90 EX coupe finally gave a moonroof in the 4G. Honda does not mess around with options much. We all know back in 89, the only factory option was the trans. type in the Accord. Why would my se-i NOT have the roof, but other coupes would??? To this day, you cannot order a Honda with a moonroof that does not come standard with a moonroof. I'm 31, so I sorta remember the new 3g's.

Final question-- where is my man's moonroof switch??? They were on the dash to the left of the mirror adjuster. We'll get this figured out, no biggie. We're all honda nuts, so let's find out. I know the dealer I worked at added moonroofs to some cars and told the customer they were standard...

2 door se-i illustration (http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/auto/jsp/mws/prddisplay.jsp?inputstate=5&catcgry1=Accord&catcgry2=1989&catcgry3=2DR+SEI&catcgry4=KA4AT&catcgry5=SWITCH) Look at #10-- cover.

4 door lx-i illustration (http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/auto/jsp/mws/prddisplay.jsp?inputstate=5&catcgry1=Accord&catcgry2=1989&catcgry3=4DR+LXI&catcgry4=KA4AT&catcgry5=SWITCH)
Look at #7-- switch

AccordSEi
07-21-2002, 11:22 PM
Sorry Bob , but I have to agree with offthahook, NO coupes had factory sunroofs OR power door locks in '89. Not even the SE-i's. I bought an LX-i new in 89 and I remember asking about the sunroof and it was not available. I know the dealers put a lot of them in before they put them on the lot. That is the case with my SE-i I have now.

Asturias
07-22-2002, 01:20 AM
Sadly, I am also old enough to remember the SEi coupe brand new as I owned almost the exact same car that I have now from 1989-1992. When my mom and I went down to buy it (yes, I was a spoiled teenager back then), she asked the sales guy two questions: Why no power locks and why no moonroof? His replies: "You don't need power locks because the car is narrow enough to lean over and reach the passenger lock" and "There is no moonroof because we (I love the way he acts like he was involved in product design) didn't want it to compete with the Prelude."

But don't take my word for it...check out the original brochure information:

http://www.89accord.com/seipage6.jpg

89AccordCpe
07-22-2002, 06:14 AM
I bought my coupe in '89 as well and I remember that no coupes came with factory installed moonroofs, including the SE-i's. I did see some coupes which had dealer installed moonroofs which used the genuine Honda switch found on the sedans. Because of that, they looked good-like a factory install.

offthahook
07-22-2002, 07:28 AM
Originally posted by 89AccordCpe
I bought my coupe in '89 as well and I remember that no coupes came with factory installed moonroofs, including the SE-i's. I did see some coupes which had dealer installed moonroofs which used the genuine Honda switch found on the sedans. Because of that, they looked good-like a factory install.

Man, I wish my 89 lx-i coupe used the factory switch; that would be cool. They just mounted the switch on the roof, near the rear view mirror. I know they had to run wires, so they shoulda just used a honda dash switch. Oh well. AM moonroofs are not a good thing and I think dealers have now realized this and many don't do them anymore. In the day, when Hondas were hard to get ahold of, they added more stuff and just jacked up the price. Thus, moonroofs were added to cars that didn't have them standard. When I was in college at Purdue, this girl went to look at a new 91 EX. The dealer had so much add on that he wanted like 22, 000 for it. IN 1991!!! WTF??? It had everything, but I know they could get that kinda $$$ for them. And our cars were even harder to get, esp. the coupes. I wish mine didn't have teh add on moonroof. I use it and it is a decent install, but taking that bad boy thru the car wash, you can hear the metal roof clang when you go under the turbo dryers cuz half the roof has been cut out!! That has to compromise the structure somehow. It used to leak, but the guy who replaced the headliner adjusted it and now it is much quieter (no whistling) and it is dry. He said he doesn't do any cutting on metal anymore because of the hack jobs they turned into and the cars just are not designed right unless the factory puts the roof in. It was damn hard to find someone to even do the headliner because it had the AM roof, and the headliners always fail after time. All you guys with added on moonroofs, just tale care of them or they will cause you headaches. And the headliners always fail.

Cliff Notes-- Damnit, Honda, why were power moonroofs standard in 86 FI 4 doors, but not in coupes til 90??? Even the 85 4 door se-i sported the roof...

chronicsinners
07-22-2002, 09:25 AM
fuck the moonroof, i HATE manual locks, they are the biggest pain in the ass...

Bobs89LXi
07-22-2002, 04:38 PM
I am willing to admit when I am incorrect. However, I am going by what I saw. There is a distinct possibility that the dealer was "fudging" the stickers. I wouldn't put it past them. Anyway, lets just say that we have a disagreement there. :D You could have called me a senile old fart (which isn't far from the truth :p), but you remained civil. I appreciate that.

damackz
07-22-2002, 04:55 PM
dude is that pic old or something cuz i dont see an intake or header.........

89AccordCpe
07-22-2002, 05:01 PM
The dealers could've been creative with the stickers. They sure were creative when they listed their prices for the dealer installed accessories like floormats (a tough install there), rear mudflaps, pinstripes, etc. They had no shame whatsoever in gouging you.

offthahook
07-22-2002, 05:40 PM
Right. They passed a law where there has to be a SEPARATE sticker for dealer installed options cuz of the gouging. I'm thinking some dealers have guys come in and pinstripe, etc. EVERY vehicle so you think it is factory equip. and he makes a lot of extra money for dumb stuff...

AccordSEi
07-22-2002, 07:32 PM
Hey offthahook, I got a factory sunroof switch from a 4-door and hooked it up to a couple of relays, and it works my moonroof just fine. I even hooked it in to my keyless entry so if I push my '#2" button I can open the sunroof by remote!

offthahook
07-22-2002, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by AccordSEi
Hey offthahook, I got a factory sunroof switch from a 4-door and hooked it up to a couple of relays, and it works my moonroof just fine. I even hooked it in to my keyless entry so if I push my '#2" button I can open the sunroof by remote!

That is tight!! Are there aires behind the dash or did you run your own?? I have the 2 stage roof. One way, it's a sunroof, the other way it is a sliding moonroof. That would be tight to install that 4 door switch and use it.

Asturias
07-23-2002, 02:21 AM
Originally posted by 89AccordCpe
The dealers could've been creative with the stickers. They sure were creative when they listed their prices for the dealer installed accessories like floormats (a tough install there), rear mudflaps, pinstripes, etc. They had no shame whatsoever in gouging you.

Tell me about it! I still have the original sticker from my first SEi coupe with an MSRP of $17,775 to which the dealer added rustproofing, paint sealant, interior coating, additional side molding, carpet mats, stripes, wheel well molding, rear mud guards and the "adjusted market value" of $4995 (aka sucker profit) for a grand total of $24,104. We didn't pay that much, but I'm sure there were some who did.

offthahook
07-23-2002, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by Asturias

Tell me about it! I still have the original sticker from my first SEi coupe with an MSRP of $17,775 to which the dealer added rustproofing, paint sealant, interior coating, additional side molding, carpet mats, stripes, wheel well molding, rear mud guards and the "adjusted market value" of $4995 (aka sucker profit) for a grand total of $24,104. We didn't pay that much, but I'm sure there were some who did.

Take a pic and post that sticker!

They did that because they could!! People wanted the Accord, the rare Accord (2 doors), and the VERY rare Accord (Se-i). I talked to a salesman at the dealer and asked what the AMV was on the s2000 and he said $1000!!!! I was like "What happened? It was 8-10 grand!!" He said that peeps were bitching to HONDA and they had to back off it. That ADP is such crap, but that's capitalism-- supply and demand sets the market price. Look what people pay for cupholders and armrests...

On topic, moonroofs are cool if they're from the factory...

Asturias
07-24-2002, 05:02 AM
I'll try to scan it and put it up somewhere.

Accord7SE_i
07-28-2002, 04:02 PM
Ok the moonroof came with the car! Plus the button for the moonroof is not on the dash its above you in the middle of the car.LOL! They onely made 10 models like this one! So this is a very rare car!

89BlackH-Back
07-28-2002, 05:22 PM
yea man thats a nice looking car, are there any companies that are world wide that transfer cloth seats to leather??

James
07-28-2002, 10:16 PM
Hey, Accord7Se_i where in arizona are you? I live in Tucson.

James
07-28-2002, 10:20 PM
BTW, nice car. :) only 49 thousand miles too.. Thats awsome.. I have to say, im jealous.. Lol, well your car looks great.

James
07-28-2002, 10:41 PM
Does anyone know if the interior dimensions are the same in the coupe and sedan?

Asturias
07-29-2002, 01:49 AM
I doubt it. The sedan seems roomier in back.

Accord7SE_i
11-28-2002, 07:32 PM
Thanks for all your coments:tongue:

projectLx-iracer
11-28-2002, 09:21 PM
I don't see anything!!!!

Neuspeed007
11-28-2002, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by projectLx-iracer
I don't see anything!!!!

no pics here! :crying: :crying:

86DXdude
11-28-2002, 10:06 PM
with all of those nice comments, I just gotta see your car. there ain't nothing there. pics, please.

AccordEpicenter
11-29-2002, 11:57 AM
Ive been told that the coupes never had moonroofs because they didnt pass US crash testing, so they never had them at least in the US, but ive never seen one from anywhere. Have any of u guys?