PDA

View Full Version : Brake lights

BoneStock
06-26-2004, 02:50 PM
Ha ha, I can imagine that most threads about brake lights go something like "My brake lights don't work." Yeah, well, mine won't shut off, even when the car is off, any ideas???

TheMagi
06-26-2004, 05:06 PM
It may be the same, I'd have to go out and crawl under the dash to be sure....There is a rubber pad that the top of the brake pedal arm hits, and if it wears away or falls off, that will make the light stay on/

grsmnky33
06-26-2004, 05:07 PM
check the brake light switch on the pedal, make sure that the little plunger is being depressed....... if not, make sure that the little tab on the pedal is still there or the little rubber bumper is still there, if it is, then you should just be able to adjust the brake switch to make the lights go out......... Hope this helps!!!!!

Mark

BoneStock
06-27-2004, 06:30 AM
I thought about that, but it was dark last night. As I finish waking up, I will go ouot and check this and let you know what I found.

BoneStock
06-27-2004, 07:08 AM
It may be the same, I'd have to go out and crawl under the dash to be sure....There is a rubber pad that the top of the brake pedal arm hits, and if it wears away or falls off, that will make the light stay on/
That was exactly the problem. I did a temporary fix and need to go get the pad again. Thanks for your help.

TheMagi
06-27-2004, 07:53 AM
:rockon: